Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

3 wks preg - and spent Xmas boozing....

(15 Posts)
MrsBlimey Sat 02-Jan-16 19:06:58

Hi everyone,

So I've just found out today I'm preg. It's been a while since I was on a MN forum, as I already have 8yo twin DDs and 14yr old SD, so this new development is a bit of a shock.

Have spent Xmas boozing to the max and eating tonnes of soft cheese, pates, salmon etc etc, so am starting the New Year feeling a Bad Mother already. Someone please reassure me that it's all going to be ok!

Gulp...

ThursdayLastWeek Sat 02-Jan-16 19:09:11

It is definitely going to be OK!
Congratulations!

YouBastardSockBalls Sat 02-Jan-16 19:13:30

It's fine. There's no placenta yet.

Congratulations!!

Sansfards Sat 02-Jan-16 19:16:34

Mine turned out alright and I was hammering the cheese and wine!
I'm sure they don't implant (?) until about 5 weeks anyway so they're not getting all that naughty stuff.
Happy New Year indeed!

MrsBlimey Sat 02-Jan-16 19:18:14

Thanks so much @Thursday and @YouBastard - feeling slightly better about the whole thing once initial panic waves settled. Just need to get over the shock of it all and help DH to recover too...

KittyandTeal Sat 02-Jan-16 19:19:25

Yep, same. I'm 4 weeks and got so drunk over Christmas I was sick (not proud) eaten tonnes of soft cheese. Drunk regularly which I never do!

I'm sure it's fine until the placenta has developed. Either way can't do anything about it now

stillnotjustamummy Sat 02-Jan-16 19:22:25

Congratulations! You will be fine! I did a similar thing last year, but also with an all inclusive holiday featuring wine and cigarettes. I eventually realised we must be pregnant and was told i was likely 16 weeks at a dating scan. Beautiful healthy baby delivered on her due date! Wouldn't swap her for the world.

5madthings Sat 02-Jan-16 19:24:18

It will be fine, as others have said the placenta hasn't developed yet.

I got preg with ds1 at uni and kept my head firmly in the sand until I was past eight weeks. Anyway as you can imagine my uni lifestyle was not the recommended one for pregnancy. He is now 16 and doing a levels, a complete geek but that wasn't caused by my alcohol intake in early pregnancy!

Salmon is fine in pregnancy Btw and re pate depending on the type the concern would be vitamin a? Or some vitamin anyway and you would have had to have eaten a truck load of it to make any difference.

I am 27 wks with Dc6 and have had the odd cider over Xmas, still eating runny eggs and I had salmon for dinner tonight.

Congratulations op.

Ragwort Sat 02-Jan-16 19:24:48

Another one here who had no idea I was pregnant until I was 10 weeks (was over 40 and assumed it was the beginning of the menopause when my periods were erratic grin).

No problems at all.

Owllady Sat 02-Jan-16 19:26:42

You'll be fine. I had a early September baby and didn't really know until February I was pregnant
V unplanned grin
He can be a bit of a handful but I don't think that has anything to do eith your question

MrsBlimey Sat 02-Jan-16 19:27:48

I guess it just helps me with motivation for my vaguely healthy resolutions for this year anyway....and hopefully gets me out of joining a gym! ;)

Am madly reading up about placentas.....

Thank you to you all for your reassurance and loving thoughts. Sending copious amounts backatcha xxx

@Kitty - I hope everything works out well for you as well, hon x Keep us posted.

5madthings Sat 02-Jan-16 19:28:12

kitty I have seen you posting a bit and just wanted to say congratulations and offer a virtual handhold as I am sure many others will do, wishing you a healthy and uneventful pregnancy xxxx

KittyandTeal Sat 02-Jan-16 19:45:27

Ah bless you guys! Thanks.

It's been a huge surprise (after being told endo and adenomyosis had made me practically infertile!)

I've just about got my head around it although I'm sticking my head in the sand about booking medical appointments

5madthings uneventful would be utterly perfect grin

5madthings Sat 02-Jan-16 19:50:06

Yes I remember you saying you didn't think you could have any more after dd2. Thrilled for you and here's to a perfectly uneventful pregnancy!

KittyandTeal Sat 02-Jan-16 19:52:25

Yeah I think between the endo/adeno; dd2 with her trisomy and dd1s slightly dodgy birth I'm about as high risk as they come! However, that doesn't mean this time it won't be totally boring and uneventful smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now