Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What is going on with my body? Warning TMI

(11 Posts)
rowdybuttons Sat 02-Jan-16 09:28:07

I've posted a thread recently about the spotting to light bleeding I've had over the past three days. Made a decision to not bother going to a&e and wait to go to the EPU on Monday instead.

However, last night I had one of the worst nights of my life. I woke up at 4.30am and decided I needed the loo. I made it as far as the hallway before dropping to the floor as my blood pressure dropped massively. I crawled to the bathroom and laid on the cold tiles with a very dull but strong ache right across my abdomen.

My husband heard me and rushed to help. He was so amazing. I felt desperate for the toilet but could not lift my head off the floor. TMI warning.....he put kitchen roll underneath me so that I could poo there! Never in my life have I done this before! It was a normal poo, not diarrhoea. My OH then cleaned both me and the paper towels away. What a hero! With his help I made it back to bed and within minutes the pain went completely. It was like nothing had ever happened. My OH stayed up with me until I fell asleep.

I have woken this morning and feel fine. And I have been to the toilet and have zero bleeding or spotting. I would say that the tenderness in my breasts has decreased slightly.

Have I maybe miscarried? The bleeding yesterday was quite minimal, although it had definitely moved from brown spotting to purpley-red bleeding.

skankingpiglet Sat 02-Jan-16 13:16:33

I'm someone who sees going to a&e as something only to be done if your arm is hanging off or similar (this doesn't seem like an accident or emergency IYSWIM although it is obviously very distressing for you) so wouldn't do that straight off but would call 111 and ask for advice. They may well tell you to go to a&e (I've been after they told me to go) but they will best be able to advise you of what to do.

rowdybuttons Sat 02-Jan-16 13:38:38

Hi, I agree. I'd already made the decision not to go to a&e. I also suspect if I call 111 that they will divert me to a&e. Unless the bleeding turns to haemorrhaging I will wait to see the EPU on Monday. I had a mc in June and haemorrhaged so badly that the paramedics took me into a&e.

I've started brown spotting again since this morning so I'll just have to keep an eye on things.

PoppitFox Sun 03-Jan-16 19:59:43

Hope you're doing as well as you can be OP.

Let us know I how you get on.
Gentle hugs xxx

rowdybuttons Sun 03-Jan-16 21:24:49

Hi Poppit, thank you so much for your kind post. Unfortunately I'm 99% sure I have miscarried. Earlier this afternoon I had a lot of bleeding with large clots. I've had to use pads during the day because it's been that heavy. I feel absolutely fine, but that was the same during my last mc - no pain, no sickness, no cramps.

There is no point me going to a&e on a Sunday - my last mc was on a Sunday and I just got told I'd have to return on a Monday for an ultrasound. So because I don't feel unwell I am just going to go to the EPU first thing tomorrow.

My husband and I have already cried knowing that we have lost a baby for a second time. We are well prepared for the final news tomorrow.

Thank you for your gentle hugs xx

skankingpiglet Sun 03-Jan-16 21:41:33

I'm sorry to hear that rowdy X

PoppitFox Sun 03-Jan-16 21:45:11

I'm so sorry to hear that!
Such an awful time for you all.
Extra hugs xxx

BooOzMoo Sun 03-Jan-16 21:51:19

My m/c had no pain... Although I did not feel pregnant!
I hope you get a wonderful scan.... If not, I'll always hold hands xxx

Champagneformyrealfriends Sun 03-Jan-16 22:03:02

Your husband is one in a million. What a wonderful man you have there! Lots of hugs xxxx

PoppitFox Mon 04-Jan-16 19:42:47

Hope today went as well as it could. Been thinking of you xx

rowdybuttons Mon 04-Jan-16 23:23:42

Thank you for all of your kind words. I went to the EPU today and they were great. Got me an ultrasound almost straight away, which unfortunately confirmed what we suspected. My blood tests came back later with a reading of 17! So I must have miscarried earlier than yesterday for such a low reading.

Best wishes and love to you all out there who go through the pain of an mc but refuse to give in! Xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now