Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

what cravings do you have & do you know the sex?

(14 Posts)
Maxfell2008 Fri 01-Jan-16 15:40:45

Hey so this is my 3rd pregnancy, and so far at almost 8 weeks my cravings are completely different to my sons....

*chocolate milk or milkshakes
*cookies
*salt and vinegar chip shop chips
*roast potatoes/ cabbage/ gravy
*yoghurts/ laughing cow triangles

safe to say my aversions are everything else.... vom!! I am off.,

*meats
*orange juices etc
*lemonade
*fruit lolly pops
*cheeses

Always baffles me how this works... I have no sickness (pretty much) ,now only if i leave between eating etc..

Anyone else had similar?

Ta xx

LouLou030783 Fri 01-Jan-16 15:52:44

With my ds I was salty things burgers etc, no sickness etc with my dd it was sweet things anything strawberry flavoured..and sickness was horrific this time it's spicy things and mint things lol and sickness has been every day but nowhere near how bad it was with dd so god knows sorry that's actually no help but I honestly think they old wives tales are garbage and every pregnancy is just different.

This is also the only pregnancy I've had my skin break out x

NotSpeaking Fri 01-Jan-16 16:03:43

I want grapes. Lots of them

Icklepickle101 Fri 01-Jan-16 17:18:07

I was eating 6+ apples and satsumas a day and bags of bags of walkers salt & vinegar crisps.

I'm sure I'm having a girl but will confirm on the 21st!!

LouLou030783 Fri 01-Jan-16 17:50:00

I'm convinced it's a boy won't find out till Feb x

ThePug Fri 01-Jan-16 17:58:13

I was still am at 30 weeks all about the cheddar cheese and salted peanuts and I'm having a boy. Zero sickness. Didn't go off anything really, but was definitely more into savoury than sweet things for snacking, which was different to normal. Did like a big glass of strawberry milk instead of a cup of tea in the evening, though!

LumpySpaceCow Fri 01-Jan-16 20:30:53

I was so healthy in my last two pregnancies....both girls. This one, I just want caffeine, chocolate and crap! He's a boy! Don't know if it's just a coincidence!
I usually crave prawns when pregnant as well but not this time!

kamillaw Fri 01-Jan-16 20:43:54

Similar to spacecow have a boy on board after two girls where I wanted fruit fruit and more fruit and this time it's been all about the carbs?! And salty over sweet.

Theselittlelights Fri 01-Jan-16 20:44:08

DS - salt and vinegar crisps and banana milkshakes.

DD - Cheese, apples and pink jelly babies.

TattieHowkerz Sat 02-Jan-16 08:56:48

DD - ham, cheese, creamy mushroom pancakes.
This pregnancy - cheese, cold meats in general, Baxters' tomato soup, chicken noodles, potatoes.

Raxacoricofallapatorius Sat 02-Jan-16 09:05:14

Cravings aren't linked to the sex of the baby. Sometimes they link to whatever you happen to need in terms of deficiencies. Some deficiencies can make you crave bizarre non food stuffs. Otherwise, as with sickness, there's no rhyme or reason to it.

themumfairy Sat 02-Jan-16 17:18:03

With both my ds it was ice cubes.

This time by about 9 weeks I couldn't stop eating fruit. Especially pineapple, watermelon, oranges and apples. Fruit juice is all I drank and Black jack sweets until I was sick. They did NOT taste as nice on the way back up. confused
They tell me she's a girl smile

Sparklycat Sat 02-Jan-16 17:24:22

With my daughter I wanted sweets all the time, I hate sweets normally! With my son I wanted ice lollies and cold things.

thundernlightning Sun 03-Jan-16 05:32:42

Dairy, with an emphasis on yoghurt, and fruit. I did have one day of intensely craving bubblegum ice cream (ugh). Oh, and it's a boy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now