Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Wtf is going on with my bladder?!

(11 Posts)
OhWhatAPalaver Thu 31-Dec-15 09:08:58

I'm 15 weeks pregnant and having odd bladder issues. I've been having a lot of discomfort low down in my abdomen that feels almost like my bladder is tightening up. It's really uncomfortable, sometimes to the point of not being able to stand up straight, and I can't tell if I really need a wee or if my bladder is too empty when it happens. I sometimes feel like I'm not emptying my bladder properly and I keep going to the toilet only for short wees but then when I lie down at night I all of a sudden need to do loads of wee every 30 mins or so! It seems worse when I'm really bloated or a bit constipated but I'm on iron so can't really avoid that. Have also been on antibiotics this last week due to a uti but have finished the course and that seems to have cleared up now. I thought it hadn't gone properly because I was in so much discomfort so went back to docs but the dip test test was clear.
Has anyone else experienced anything luke this? This is my second baby and didn't have anything like this with my first!

DisneyMillie Thu 31-Dec-15 16:22:57

Don't suppose you know if you've a tilted uterus? That can cause wee issues due to the angle and pressure

NotSpeaking Thu 31-Dec-15 16:26:55

I've had bladder issues this whole pregnancy. Had one UTI which cleared up but still feel so much pressure and need the loo every 30 mins. I can't go anywhere without working out where the toilets will be first. It's horrid I know x

Duckdeamon Thu 31-Dec-15 16:29:30

Is it your first pregnancy? I had issues with my second DC and it turned out (at second C section) that my bladder had been attached to my uterus by scar tissue.

OhWhatAPalaver Thu 31-Dec-15 17:08:49

Blimey Duckdeamon! I had a c-section with my first so maybe it's that... Don't suppose they can do anything about it? :/

OhWhatAPalaver Thu 31-Dec-15 17:10:01

I've no idea if I have a tilted uterus btw, how do you go about finding out?

DontKillMyVibe Thu 31-Dec-15 17:21:22

No advice but I'm only just over 8 weeks pregnant and peeing roughly every 30 minutes, worse at night. Getting hardly any sleep. My record was 4 minutes between pees! GP tested for UTI and it came back fine. I have a feeling it's only going to get worse! You have my sympathy

Duckdeamon Thu 31-Dec-15 17:30:33

Don't know - Perhaps discuss with your GP? I kind of got used to it IYSWIM, getting up in the night to wee, worrying about being near a loo during the day, tugging, odd sensations etc. In retrospect the "new normal" wasn't great - only realised this after things were better again post birth! wish I'd consulted a doctor!

Think it might also have contributed to attempted VBAC and my second C section being quite hairy! Eg DH booted out of theatre and urologist was called out to double check bladder wasn't snagged and leaking - they filled it with blue fish tank liquid to check! And took bladder out of body etc - not nice to be awake for! Something in my notes might've been a good thing - who knows!

PrincessPunzie Fri 01-Jan-16 00:37:45

I'm 17 weeks (first baby) and my bladder is horrific. I think I'm going to have to give up running as there's simply too much pressure on it - plus I can't get five minutes from home before I need the damn loo! I was in floods of tears over it today as it's ruining at least half of my day, every day and making me feel revolting. Currently waiting on test results to see if I have a UTI, but the doctor thinks it's unlikely and says it's probably just my body "adapting." All I can say is that I obviously suck at adapting!!

OhWhatAPalaver Fri 01-Jan-16 08:04:37

Wow Duck... I'm really hoping it's just due to pressure/position of the baby! I've just started getting bad indigestion again as well, another sign of pressure. Makes sense I think, pressure on the bladder in the day time and pressure on the stomach or diaphragm at night. Oh the joys!! I can't imagine running anywhere at the moment, it's bad enough walking around the shops for an hor and having to go to the loo at least twice!

Duckdeamon Fri 01-Jan-16 09:34:48

Happy new year! Yes, fingers crossed it's just cheeky baby causing bother!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now