Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnancy insomniacs gather here...

(21 Posts)
RubyWoooo Thu 31-Dec-15 04:38:56

WHEN WILL IT END? when I give birth, I know

36 weeks and averaging 4-5 hours sleep a night. Have DS to look after too <prays for end of school holidays so I can sleep during the day>

It's just so fucking dull. I start tossing and turning any time between 2am - 3am, then realise I need a wee, then I need to blow my nose and then I'm awake. I've been on the sofa for an hour. Have just watched that David Attenborough documentary on the Great Barrier Reef hmm

Anyone else suffering?

doceodocere Thu 31-Dec-15 04:53:11

Me!! It's been going on since the first trimester but acutely bad at the moment in combination with a really shitty cold that means when I do sleep, it's for a maximum of 20 minutes at a time.

Having a newborn is a walk in the park compared with the last month of pregnancy.

SaltySeaBird Thu 31-Dec-15 05:18:25

I'm only 28 weeks and haven't slept past 4am for months. It was the same when I was pregnant with DD. at least she slept through at 6 weeks ... I don't think I'll be that lucky again.

gemsparkle84 Thu 31-Dec-15 07:14:35

And me! 31 weeks and sleep in 30 minute - 1 hour pattern usually waking around 5am and not sleeping much last that if at all. Usually end up on sofa. Then shattered again at 7.30am. The problem is I work late so normally only get into bed around 1am anyway.

arthurbaby Thu 31-Dec-15 08:12:32

Me too, 21 weeks pregnant with a nearly 2 year old dd. I sleep reasonably well 10-2 am ish then, toss and turn getting all annoyed.

Junosmum Thu 31-Dec-15 08:12:35

Yup. I wake at 5so do some reading, then drop off just as DHs alarm goes off.

Luckily I'm on mat leave and have no other kids so I'm now up having breakfast and watching tv but will have a nap around 9. Doesn't make for a productive day though 😏

mrsjskelton Thu 31-Dec-15 08:14:06

37+2 with stubborn "breech" princess. Sleep is evading me because I'm now desperately trying to turn her before succumbing to a ECS. Second ECV today too.

OiWithThePoodlesAlready Thu 31-Dec-15 08:20:08

Me! I'm due on Sunday and this has been going on for weeks.

Also waiting for school holidays to be over but hopefully baby will be born by then!

wonkylegs Thu 31-Dec-15 08:25:37

Oh god this is me too! I'm 21 weeks and wake up every night at around 1 and struggle to get back to sleep until about 4ish and then it seems to be morning again. A combination of hip pain and restless legs isn't helping either. I'm knackered.

MrsJK Thu 31-Dec-15 08:57:33

Yep me too, have been like it for weeks now.

Currently 36 week with DC3 - other DC are 3.5 yrs & 20 months so it's absolutely killing me confused

RubyWoooo Thu 31-Dec-15 15:59:17

I would just like to sleep beyond 3 am. I know newborns are hard but I still reckon I'll total more hours per night than I am currently hmm

Sorry to hear there's so many of us enduring this speak to you all around 4am tonight

Mermaid36 Thu 31-Dec-15 18:25:52

In my first tri and haven't had more than 4hrs a night for the last 5 weeks hmm

And if anyone else says to me that it's just like if I had a baby, I will hurt them.

No it's bloody not! If I had a baby and no sleep, I'd be on mat leave and not expected to get up and commute to work and be completely professional and with-it all day and commute back, whilst still being fully functional. Humph.

RubyWoooo Thu 31-Dec-15 20:20:31

It's shit isn't it mermaid. Luckily I am on mat leave now but I still have a very energetic 5yo to look after during the day...and I remember falling asleep in meetings at work. Total bollocks. Hope you feel better soon (second trimester is a breeze).

wonkylegs Thu 31-Dec-15 20:36:41

My 2nd trimester isn't turning out to be too much fun, different but not better😟 severe hip pain, indigestion (thankfully solved with more drugs) & rib pain, insomnia and restless legs. DH says I make a miserable pregnant woman, I growled at him!

themumfairy Thu 31-Dec-15 21:02:31

I've just started maternity leave from night shifts. I might as well still be at work cuz I'm not sleeping until gone 3am and getting up at 7 hmm
I want to hurt dp when I can see him sleeping peacefully

ProbablyMe Thu 31-Dec-15 21:06:36

Me too! I'm just 20 weeks and it's been going on for weeks. I'm too hot, restless legs, itchy, and I want to sleep!! So much for sleep being better in the 2nd trimester!!

RubyWoooo Thu 31-Dec-15 21:46:33

Ah. Seems I am somewhat in the minority with the whole '2nd trimester is a piece of piss' theory.

Sorry to those of you are struggling. Fingers crossed it gets better soon <optimist> thanks

NotSpeaking Thu 31-Dec-15 23:09:15

My bloody toes are itching. Make the stop

RubyWoooo Fri 01-Jan-16 03:08:26

Morning. angry

wonkylegs Fri 01-Jan-16 03:59:03

Tonight's joy has been added to by a blocked nose as DS & DH have given me their bloody cold. 😥
I did have a short sleep in which I dreamt I was having a giant baby but thankfully woke up to my albeit large but within the normal realms sized bump.

2ManySweets Fri 01-Jan-16 08:07:10

Oh yeah. Was struggling to stay up for midnight last night, get to bed and WHAM! Wide awake. I'm 36w pregnant and cannot seem to get past waking up every 90min.

My darling, adorable DP who honestly can't usually put a foot wrong is a bit of a snorer, normally I can cope with it but when he was going at 5am I wanted to disembowel him then and there.

So looking forward to having baby now to
a) be able to sleep on back and side without stupid fears of killing baby
b) stop obsessing about every little thing and be able to have a wee glass of wine and get over it BEFORE bedtime
c) I'd rather be sleep deprived thanks to an actual real baby rather than my enormobump + chattering monkeys in my head

/rant over

Happy 2016 to all of you fellow sleep deprived souls by the way wine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now