Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bleeding After Sex at 5 weeks

(8 Posts)
JessicaLeo1980 Wed 30-Dec-15 16:41:49

I was just wondering if anyone else has suffered a similar thing? I found out I was pregnant on Christmas Day after waiting 7 days after my period was due. Having worked backwards I should be around 5 weeks pregnant. However on Monday after my partner and I had sex a couple of hours later when I went to the toilet there was bright red blood when I wiped. I put a pad on and there was a little bit more blood that night but no pain or clots. By yesterday it had nearly gone and was a browny colour. Has anyone else experienced this? Today there is nothing at all. I haven't made an appointment at the GP yet as I think that they can't do a scan until 6 weeks? What should I do? Thanks.

socktastic Wed 30-Dec-15 17:23:15

It's totally normal. The lining of your cervix is changing to accommodate the changes in your body and the blood vessels increase too. That's probably all it is. You might have also dislodged some old blood but it would be a brownish colour if that was the case. Don't worry c

JessicaLeo1980 Wed 30-Dec-15 18:26:17

Thanks I'm trying not to worry but am dreading the scan incase they can't find anything. I'll speak to my GP next week and see what they suggest as I'll be 6 weeks by then. Hopefully in the meantime I don't have any more issues. X

MintyBojingles Wed 30-Dec-15 19:33:53

I had it in my last pregnancy once- totally freaked me out and I thought the worst, but Drs and midwives assured me it's just the cervix changing & getting irritated. I stayed off sex for a couple weeks after, then had no problems after that. Healthy happy baby at the end!

JessicaLeo1980 Wed 30-Dec-15 19:45:13

Great thanks for the reply. It really freaked me out and has definitely put me off doing it again anytime soon! X

Themrsgray Wed 30-Dec-15 20:18:31

I have had the same. I am 16 weeks. Last night had sex and this morning had some brown spotting. I have been so worried but from looking on the net it is quite common. This has put me off sex though as makes me think is it causing any damage.

Jw35 Wed 30-Dec-15 20:55:13

I had that in my first pregnancy. She's 12 now! Congratulations and try not to worry. It stopped so isn't a miscarriage just an irritated cervix

JessicaLeo1980 Thu 31-Dec-15 08:33:47

Thanks. I feel so much better knowing that you've had similar happen and everything turned out OK. Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now