Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

returning to work after mat leave pregnant

(10 Posts)
uhoh2016 Tue 29-Dec-15 12:36:43

Has anyone returned to work after maternity leave pregnant again?

Ds is 10mo and is a dream baby he's so pleasant and happy always a been a good sleeper. However despite him being an easy baby I've suffered from PND and on medication for it. I think I may be pregnant again I'm due back to work in a month.

I'm worried how I'll cope without PND medication whilst pregnant, also having 2 babies so close together and the main thing if I'll be entitled to maternity pay/leave again so soon from my employer.

I have 2 older dc 8 and 5 so this will be dc4shock

BifsWif Tue 29-Dec-15 12:37:32

Can you test? You may be worrying for nothing.

VintageDresses Tue 29-Dec-15 12:42:24

Test and see the doctor about your other concerns, but yes you will be entitled to maternity leave/pay as if you had uninterrupted service (which you do)

5madthings Tue 29-Dec-15 12:45:47

There are anti depressant medications you can take when pregnant but you need to see take a test and see your gp.

uhoh2016 Tue 29-Dec-15 13:21:38

Thanks I have an appointment with my GP anyway in the new year.

FannyTheChampionOfTheWorld Tue 29-Dec-15 13:51:14

I haven't but anecdotally it isn't uncommon. I believe you're still entitled to SMP in that scenario.

Paperblank Tue 29-Dec-15 19:53:40

My sister went back after her Mat Leave pregnant and so have one or two of my friends.

When I told my manager about DSis she said that if she was in my shoes (old ftm) she'd do the same.

As my DMum says You won't be the first, and doubtless you'll be the last smile

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Tue 29-Dec-15 20:02:14

As long as you are in work for 26 weeks before you start maternity leave again, you'll be entitled to enhanced pay (if your employer offers it) and SMP.

WineCheeseSleep Wed 30-Dec-15 13:33:57

You'll be entitled to everything you were before. I work in HR and it's not uncommon. Don't feel bad about it, you need to put yourself and your family first.

LumpySpaceCow Wed 30-Dec-15 20:47:41

I returned when I was 20 weeks pregnant. You are entitled to everything you were with your previous pregnancy. The only time money would be affected is if during the qualifying weeks (17-25) you weren't receiving any pay e.g. in last 3 months of maternity leave when taking 12 months; but even then you may qualify for maternity allowance.
Although my pregnancy wasn't planned, it has worked out well and I will get enhanced maternity pay smile
Take a test and then see gp regarding anti depressants.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now