Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Morning sickness or stomach bug?

(4 Posts)
emmabrown123 Sun 27-Dec-15 08:02:17

I've woken up this morning feeling really nauseous. To the point where I've got up and been sick twice. The nausea seems to settle for a few mins after being sick (sorry if TMI).

Does this sound like morning sickness? Or could it be a stomach bug? I've felt vaguely nauseous over the past few days anyway but nothing like this. With my first pregnancy I didn't have any sickness at all.

I have friends coming over today with their little one so don't want them coming if I have a bug I could pass on! OH and DS are both fine. I'm currently 6w+2. Any advice would be gratefully received!!

brookeberry Sun 27-Dec-15 08:14:10

It sounds like morning sickness to me. I had it in my first trimester and in my experience it subsided quickly after throwing up. And when describing it to DH I said it wasn't like feeling sick in my stomach but more around my throat, if that makes sense.

Champagneformyrealfriends Sun 27-Dec-15 09:21:00

Sounds like morning sickness to me. I could tell if I forced down a packet of s&e crisps-if it went away then it was morning sickness! That's not a one size fits all solution though it just worked for me xx

emmabrown123 Sun 27-Dec-15 19:15:47

Thank you for your replies.

I'm thinking now it might be a bug. Haven't been able to keep anything, even water, down all day. Hoping that it's not morning sickness cause if it continues like this I don't know what I'll do!!

At what point do I need to worry about not keeping anything down? Haven't been able to eat or take my vitamins which I know are important at this stage. Just a bit paranoid it might harm the baby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now