Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Random pregnancy things

(51 Posts)
sepa Sun 20-Dec-15 17:40:05

I have just noticed that my belly is always cold to touch even though it is just as covered as say my arms (probably more so)
I have just googled this and seems it's just one of those random things due to being stretched out.
Just wondering what other random things you have had during pregnancy that you never would have thought of?

Champagneformyrealfriends Sun 20-Dec-15 17:59:39

Itchy nipples grin

ThursdayLastWeek Sun 20-Dec-15 18:02:57

Bunged up nose every evening confused

The possibility that that line from your belly button down might be crooked angry

KnitsBakesAndReads Sun 20-Dec-15 18:07:28

Bunged up nose too! Except generally worse in the morning.

I also kept waking up in the night with really bad pins and needles in my hands. Turns out that pregnancy can cause swelling in your wrists which compresses a nerve and causes pins and needles or numbness. I now have some very attractive hand splints to wear at night. They're also great fun who you have that annoying need to get up for a wee multiple times overnight! fblush

sepa Sun 20-Dec-15 18:28:08

I haven't got itchy nipples and I tend to get up only once maximum for a wee at night. I do have a a crooked line down my belly. It's so funny!

mrsjskelton Sun 20-Dec-15 18:48:27

Sore fingers!

unimaginativename13 Sun 20-Dec-15 19:06:56

Sore fingers like arthritis.

Dry hands! I went through loads of tubs of body butter on my hands. I had to wake up to moisturise my hands and feet - they just felt dehydrated!

BumpPower Sun 20-Dec-15 19:10:23

I swear my nose is bigger, some sort of vasodilation thing - my face is also red and blotchy my midwife described it as a "farmer's woke complex" I think it's more like an old soak! (grumbles at sexist connotations of the farmers wife comment)

loveulotslikejellytots Sun 20-Dec-15 19:17:54

I have the itchy nipples and dry hands and feet. The feet are the worst, I've had to get up in the night and put cream on them its that irritating.

And the pins and needles in my hands, but only if they are elevated for too long (weird) for example when doing my eye make up or straightening my hair.

Ohwoolballs Sun 20-Dec-15 19:54:46

All of the above! grin lots of itchy nipples and now at 26 weeks I'm waking up with attractive crusty bits, which 'The Book' assures me is normal and is a tidgy bit of leaky colostrum that's dried, so at least I know my pipes are working.
My other thing is the mega vivid dreams, I wasn't a deep sleeper before but I am now. Though waking up at threeish in the morning for no reason is a bit of an fecking annoyance. angry

I'm a long time lurker and a post with itchy nips has made me finally type........

unimaginativename13 Sun 20-Dec-15 19:58:09

Restless legs and feet!!

LouLou030783 Sun 20-Dec-15 20:02:05

The skin breakouts x

MaisieDotes Sun 20-Dec-15 21:17:40

Yes to:

- itchy nipples: some days super-itchy, other days not so much

- colostrum

- carpal tunnel and losing sensation in my hands in bed

- cool bump (although I hadn't realised till now!)

- restless buggering legs (extra iron helps)

- multiple wees per night

And I also have:

- rosacea which makes me look like Aunt Sally off Worzel Gummidge
<gives away age>

- and the icing on the cake: piles. Say no more sad sad

sepa Sun 20-Dec-15 21:25:34

I get restless legs. I didn't even put it together with pregnancy.

I have found my ears are itchier (inside) now I'm pg.

No leaky nips here. I hope mine are working ok!

Ohwoolballs - glad you posted fgrin

sepa Sun 20-Dec-15 21:26:22

I find that I don't sleep as well now. Vivid dreams are a pain in my ass!

LillyBugg Sun 20-Dec-15 21:30:05

I remember finding a whole load of dark hairs sprouting out of my chin at around 18 weeks. I usually only have the one solitary chin hair.

Stepawayfromthezebras Sun 20-Dec-15 21:32:41

Nosebleeds

limeandsoda93 Sun 20-Dec-15 22:05:25

Itchy nipples! I knew it must be a pregnancy thing haha. I also found a chin hair, couldn't believe it!

mamapoppins23 Sun 20-Dec-15 23:14:43

Sex and food dreams. Keep waking up feeling aroused confused and having a very specific craving. This morning it was cereal.

mumchkin Mon 21-Dec-15 10:15:01

I may or may not have made a list of all my weird symptoms at one point (just for fun).
I think the two oddest I've found are choking on food - (googled it and sure enough it's a pregnancy side effect - the hormones making your throat muscles relax) and bleeding gums - wasn't expecting that either.
On the upside, my hair stays clean forever and I only need to shave my legs about once a week. You can keep everything else though.

unimaginativename13 Mon 21-Dec-15 11:09:19

Yes!

I washed my hair once a week, blowdried it nicely and voila! I was sorted for the week.

Now post baby a have greasy hair every 2 days.

Also bleeding gums that stopped once I gave birth.

AlfieandAnnieRose Mon 21-Dec-15 11:10:44

Hairy belly (or is that just me!)

InsufficientlyCaffeinated Mon 21-Dec-15 11:18:55

My hair stays lovely and clean and all full-bodied for days now too, used to require daily washing and would still be a bit lifeless.

And yy to the itchy ears thing! What is with that?! Driving me mad. The cat had a bout of ear mites a while back and we still have some of the treatment drops - DP keeps threatening to put it in my ears if I don't stop scratching at them!

sepa Mon 21-Dec-15 11:19:34

Alfie - I have a hairy belly. Hoping it will go once baby is here!

AlfieandAnnieRose Mon 21-Dec-15 11:46:00

Oh phew, not just me then! I think it's because I'm carrying a boy sepa, do you know what you're having?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now