Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

So glad its almost Christmas

(12 Posts)
E11Chick Fri 18-Dec-15 10:11:31

Almost 15 weeks with my first and really suffering with tiredness.....I'm so pleased it's a 4 day week (3 if I'm being realistic, not much gets done on Christmas Eve in the office does it?!) next week at work then off until the New Year!

Is it just me or anybody else wishing the next few days aways to make time for relaxing for a few days?!

E11Chick Fri 18-Dec-15 10:16:03

P.s. I am aware that I'm lucky Christmas Day be will spent with family so I don't have to worry about that but I am cooking on Boxing Day :-) x

KatyN Fri 18-Dec-15 13:24:09

I'm due Christmas Day so I'm slightly apprehensive about wishing the time away!! That said my husband finishes work today so he's home for the next month (Christmas closure and then paternity leave). I'm quite looking forward to that!!

You hopefully will get a burst of energy around 20 weeks... It's odd when it comes (and then goes- been as far as the post office today and huffing like an old woman!)

Meet Christmas! K

E11Chick Fri 18-Dec-15 13:31:26

Good luck with everything! I can see why you don't want to wish time away though, enjoy having hubby at home 😊 I'm hoping so.....I get tired after doing such small things, like having to take a break midway through ironing....feel rather pathetic at times lol but I know I'm not the only one x

Champagneformyrealfriends Fri 18-Dec-15 13:47:38

I work in retail and I can't wait for Xmas to be over now! I'm shattered confused

Runningupthathill82 Fri 18-Dec-15 14:00:09

Nope, quite the opposite. Having a three-year-old at home means I come to work for a rest. My job is very stressful, but it's not physically demanding (thankfully!)

Weekends are really tough as at 35 weeks I'm rapidly losing the ability to chase DS around. I have no idea how I'm going to cope over Christmas, let alone on maternity leave.

It's completely different to my first pregnancy, when I only had myself to worry about and didn't have to get up at dawn each day with a toddler. To be honest, I'm really stressed about how I'm going to cope.

Loki17 Sat 19-Dec-15 08:33:00

I'm 10 weeks and really struggling with the sickness. I'm so relieved to be on holiday as of today. Two weeks off is going to be blissful. I've got a 4 year old dd to entertain, but she is no trouble. It has been very long term.

SpanglesGalloway Sat 19-Dec-15 08:42:04

I'm also glad it's christmas. 36w pregnant and this is the first year since I was maybe 15 that I've had time off over Christmas due to work! This week involves lots of baking and relaxing while listening to christmas songs and awaiting my baby fgrin

GoApeShit Sat 19-Dec-15 08:56:18

I'm due in January & have just started maternity leave. DS has just broken up from school so I can't wait for a couple of weeks of chilling, watching telly, catching up with people and hoping the time passes quickly so I can finish being pregnant grin

BabyBNumberThree Sat 19-Dec-15 18:32:45

I'm due the day after boxing day so I'm also apprehensive KatyN. But I'm looking forward to the next week of no early morning rushing about for the school run before baby arrives and I'm up through the night again.

madsaz76 Sat 19-Dec-15 20:47:54

I start mat leave in January but last day at work is tuesday. Will be first christmas and new year off in 16 years (good old NHS) & deliriously excited.

Also muchly stressed as loads I haven't sorted out before I finish (such that I will probably end up doing some work from home on my leave) and I haven't done a thing with the house. BUt I don't care, cos I am knackered & need a break. Christmas very welcome.

Dileas29 Sat 19-Dec-15 21:18:52

Cannot wait to relax! Nausea is becoming really hard to hide. Nevermind looking like....! 7w3

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now