Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Advice on Scan please

(12 Posts)
Alice1983 Sun 13-Dec-15 18:50:45

Hello

I wanted a second opinion as i dont know what to do

I had a MC last pregnancy. Now Im probably around 4 weeks. Last period started 10.11.2015
I feel huge already - is this even normal?

I wanted to want for 12 week scan....but after last time i am wondering whether to have an earlier scan (if so when is good please) just in case something isnt right so I can try to do something about it.

What are everyones thoughs? Please

Alice1983 Sun 13-Dec-15 18:52:43

Thats meant to say 'wanted to wait' santa

NoArmaniNoPunani Sun 13-Dec-15 18:55:28

I had a scan at 8 weeks due to bleeding. It was very reassuring. I think having one much earlier than that is probably not worth it. Do also need to be sure of your dates as if they don't see what they are expecting to see it could cause unnecessary worry.

Good luck

Champagneformyrealfriends Sun 13-Dec-15 18:56:39

We had an early scan at 7 weeks because I was suffering with a lot of anxiety. It put my mind at rest but I was still mega nervous for my 12 week scan-I was crying before she started because I was so scared! I'm glad we had one but I still worried regardless! flowers

allthegoodnamesalreadytaken Sun 13-Dec-15 18:57:04

After having a miscarriage last time I decided to have an early scan this time round and it's the best decision I've ever made. I had it at 8 weeks and it instantly put my mind at rest and meant I could just relax and enjoy this pregnancy without the constant worry. Seeing a heartbeat at 8 weeks drastically reduces the risk of miscarriage to 3% so I'd say do it at that point if you opt for one

Alice1983 Sun 13-Dec-15 19:06:17

Thanks all. allthegood see i would be worried if at 8 weeks they cant see a heartbeat, how did you feel different un bote pregnancies?

For example i feel huge this time already...no morning sickness yet..is it to Early?

Alice1983 Sun 13-Dec-15 19:12:26

Thanks champagne yes i cried last time....i just felt something wasnt right so i went for an Early scan flowers

Chattycat78 Sun 13-Dec-15 19:14:36

Morning sickness usually kicks in around 6 weeks. I'd recommend an early scan for reassurance definitely- ideally around 8 weeks if you can. A heartbeat can often be found at 7, but if you go at 8 you're playing it safer.

SmellyHead Sun 13-Dec-15 19:19:22

I didn't have morning sickness in either of my pregnancies. I did feel massive straightaway with dc1, and had the metallic taste thing with dc2. Good luck!

Nousername2015 Sun 13-Dec-15 19:41:06

I had a mmc in March and wanted to get past the point where things had stopped developing before (9 weeks) so booked a scan for 10 weeks. Didn't end up having it as I had an epu one at 9+5 due to spotting. Everything was fine. Was still a bag of nerves for the 12 week scan but probably would have been much worse if I hadn't had a scan already.

allthegoodnamesalreadytaken Sun 13-Dec-15 20:52:10

I've had far less symptoms this time round. I did have a few panicky moments of thinking oh no it's all gone wrong as I have no nausea etc but a few of the girls in the July antenatal group on here gave me a kick up the bum and made me realise symptoms come and go. I'm 10 weeks now so still not out of the woods yet but have had barely any symptoms - a bit of mild nausea here and there no throwing up and the odd bout of tiredness but apart from that absolutely nothing. On the morning of my 8 week scan I had a massive panic attack imagining blighted ovums and all sorts but the minute the heartbeat was found its literally like someone lifted a huge boulder off my shoulders and I've been sooo much happier since. If your dates are correct then it's highly likely they would be able to find a heartbeat at 8 weeks if there is one

Alice1983 Sun 13-Dec-15 21:47:07

Thanks for all the replies. I will try and get a scan at 8/10 weeks. fsmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now