Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

when did you start feeling pregnant

(18 Posts)
ghostspirit Tue 08-Dec-15 09:56:57

hi im 16-17 weeks pregnant. i dont feel pregnant at all. i get tired but i think thats because my baby wakes a million times a night.

DropYourSword Tue 08-Dec-15 10:01:54

I'm now 19 weeks. Still don't 'feel' at all pregnant, just been tired. Was initially worried about it, but now I'm getting a bit of a bump I've started feeling more reassured and I'm just going to be very thankful I've had an easy ride, and hope it continues!!

ghostspirit Tue 08-Dec-15 10:06:56

very true smile i dont know why i asked really all my pregnancys have been the same... at the start i say i dont feel pregnant worried etc. then towards the end im going on about how much pain im in and things are so hard :/

DropYourSword Tue 08-Dec-15 10:22:08

Sometimes it's just nice to have reassurance that other people are experiencing the same thing. All I've ever really heard about/prepared for was horrible morning sickness etc so came as a shock I haven't had any. And also, this might sound stupid, but I really thought I'd feel pregnant and am pretty astonished that I feel exactly the same!

IrisBlue15 Tue 08-Dec-15 11:43:15

Well, I'm nearly 30 weeks, and if I'm wearing a baggy top or sitting on the sofa and he's asleep I can still forget!

But when they start moving around it's undeniable. (And when rude ladies in shops tell you how huge you are...) But you should be only a few weeks away from the first movements? smile

ghostspirit Tue 08-Dec-15 11:48:51

i was not even feeling movements at 20 weeks last time. wonder if its because i have a bit of a belly. so theres lots of room. not belly as in pregnancy. as in cake. as long as all is well thats all that matters really

Nicky333 Tue 08-Dec-15 12:13:26

I'm 16 weeks and I don't feel pregnant yet. I didn't have morning sickness either. I am getting headaches and waking up at ridiculous o'clock every night.

I'm skinny so there's a tiny little bit of a bump but that could just be crumpets. Baby is only the size of an avocado at the moment.

Icklepickle101 Tue 08-Dec-15 12:42:15

I'm 33 weeks and very suddenly, almost overnight I've gone from not feeling pregnant to feeling 'heavily pregnant'

Think it really kicks in when you can't put your socks on, shave your bits or get out of the bath unaided!

Littleelffriend Tue 08-Dec-15 13:05:58

I'm 15 weeks, and don't feel pregnant at all. It makes me worried that something has happened to the baby between scans.

ghostspirit Tue 08-Dec-15 13:24:19

little i feel like that to. but this is my 6th pregnancy and i have felt the same every time. i just try and tell myself theres been no unusual pain. or bleeding etc all my other pregnancys have been fine. i also have a baby heart monitor i use that sometimes to reasure myself. but they are not 100% reliable.

what ickle says makes sense for me. think i have been simlar.

Paperblank Tue 08-Dec-15 15:41:20

27 weeks here. I'd say its only been in the last couple of weeks I've started feeling pregnant. I've had an easy pregnancy and like Iris I still have moments where I forget.

The kicks are obvious now and definitely not wind!! Getting off the sofa now comes with the "oooof" sound effect.

JennyC520 Tue 08-Dec-15 15:43:12

I'm 36 weeks now. I started feeling pregnant about 2 weeks ago maybe? haha Obviously a huge belly but apart from that, 'feeling' wise, didn't feel pregnant at all.

wonkylegs Tue 08-Dec-15 15:47:52

I'm 18 weeks and feel very pregnant, can't believe I'm not even halfway (well it might be half way as DS turned up early)
I have a good bump though and can feel baby moving around and I have SPD so a constant reminder.

DropYourSword Fri 11-Dec-15 09:24:27

I had my morphology scan on Wednesday. Since then (as if it now knows I'm on the outside!) I have been feeling much more definitive movements and would say I now 'feel' pregnant grin

Melinda76 Fri 11-Dec-15 11:32:23

I'm 18 weeks and still don't feel pregnant. I am pretty tired, and after 12 weeks scan was happier to see baby there. I have a bit of a bump but still think it's due to too much cake! Was starting to worry between scans as can't feel any movements yet, but heard baby's heartbeat at 18 week midwife check so feeling bit happier now. Will be more reassured after 20 week scan I hope....

madsaz76 Fri 11-Dec-15 12:21:28

I think for many women feeling pregnant is a bit of a con.

I initially found it hard to believe I was pregnant despite morning sickness etc. The 12 week scan helped with that - so I can say confidently that's when I "knew"

Thing is I am not sure what "feeling pregnant" is meant to feel like.

So first movements between 18 & 20 wees were nice as I had some physical evidence that I couldn't put down to something else.

Around 22 weeks it was clear enough for other people to notice I. E. Offered a seat on the tram.

About 28 weeks started to become hugely protective of bump in crowds of Christmas shoppers - in some senses I think that may be my feeling pregnant point.

There's a difference between knowing there is a positive test, having evidence of a physical process and actually feeling something wholeheartedly. I will probably just get the hang of really feeling it as bubs decides to come out.

Honestly it's a lot more complicated working it your feelings than the yummy mummy bloggers would have you believe! Your feelings are yours and probably loads of women go through the same thing.

ChristmasWomble Fri 11-Dec-15 23:24:47

I'm 25 weeks and probably only really felt pregnant consistently in the last week or so- before that it was very easy to forget but now I get out of breath very easily after any kind of exertion! Also until quite recently my bump could have been mistaken for the result of a big lunch, but now is pretty obvious so I'm more aware of it I think.

Greyhorses Sat 12-Dec-15 09:04:59

I felt horribly pregnant at the beginning. Nausea, vomiting, no energy etc.

Then it went and now at 18 weeks I feel totally normal and find it hard to believe I am actually going to have a baby at the end (hopefully!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now