Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Am I pregnant?

(6 Posts)
Chloels92 Mon 07-Dec-15 23:05:25

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help me.
I'm on the contraceptive pill, but I took it for 9 weeks continuously without a 7 day break in between, so I haven't had a period in some time.
For the past 4 weeks, every time me and my boyfriend have had sex my stomachs hurts afterwards. At first I was diagnosed with a UTI and presumed it had cleared up. I have been having sever stomach cramps in the lower abdomen, I had one tiny dot of blood in my underwear when I went to the toilet, my breasts are tender to touch, I'm constipated and my appetite has changed dramatically. I can't finish a meal anymore because my stomach starts to cramp and I have massively gone off alcohol to the point it makes me sick after a couple of drinks. I also have bleeding gums and get tired very easily.
During sex, I start to feel nauseous almost like a motion sickness, is this something that happens when pregnant? I've also noticed I want sex with my boyfriend a lot more even though I feel so ill during and after, the only way I can get to sleep after sex is if he rubs my stomach. Another thing I have heard is a symptom is that Im struggling to sleep through the night, waking up 3 or 4 times.

Obviously because I haven't had a period in so long anyway due to the pill, I can't tell whether I am late or not.

I hope someone can give me some advice on whether these are pregnancy symptoms, if they are then that is when I will talk to my boyfriend and take a test.

Oysterbabe Mon 07-Dec-15 23:16:06

You do get some of those symptoms when pregnant but not all of them and a lot of them not until much later.
No one will be able to tell you if you are pregnant. Take a test.

Junosmum Tue 08-Dec-15 06:29:59

Take a test.

Bleeding between packs of pills isn't actually a proper period and is pretty useless for pregnancy diagnostic terms.

Brummiegirl15 Tue 08-Dec-15 06:43:10

The only way you can tell is to take a test

WorldsBiggestGrotbag Tue 08-Dec-15 06:52:35

Some are symptoms of pregnancy, some aren't. Some are symptoms of other things. The only way you'll possibly know is if you take a pregnancy test. If you're far enough on to be having symptoms you're (usually) far enough on for it to be detectable by a pregnancy test.

PotteringAlong Tue 08-Dec-15 07:37:42

You can be pregnant and have no symptoms at all. Unless you take a test you will never know.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now