Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

MORNING SICKNESS!!!

(20 Posts)
roxyrose Fri 04-Dec-15 14:50:49

Hello this will be my first ever post on one of these sites! please excuse any spelling mistakes I make! I am 11 weeks pregnant with my 3rd baby, scan is next sunday! I have all day morning sickness already lost weight and just hoping each day it will leave,I have tried absolutley everything out there to help me feel better but nothing works, i have read some people say they wake up and ikts gone, god i am praying for this, on the other hand i see people saying it lasted whole 9 months! with my previous two pregnancies i did not suffer this bad, a few smells set me off but nothing like this, every smell every food, its so horrible, i wondered if anyone could hsrare what helped them, how long it lasted and when it left and maybe share along the way if your still suffering. thanks everyone smile

Sunshine511 Fri 04-Dec-15 15:34:54

Hi there! I feel awful for you, this can't be easy with 2 other kids!! I haven't suffered with it but if it's really severe, maybe your Doctor will prescribe you anti sickness tablets? My mum suffered really badly when she had me and she told me the travel sickness wrist bands helped her a bit! Sorry, I have no first hand experience but hope this information helps x

goodnightdarthvader1 Fri 04-Dec-15 15:39:05

Go to the doctor. I'm on Prochlorperazine and Avomine. Avomine is a godsend.

Lozza1990 Fri 04-Dec-15 16:06:16

Mine lasted till 20 weeks and it was dreadful sad. Honestly makes me scared of another pregnancy! I ended up going to the doctor at 17 weeks and they gave me something for it which really helped. I really wanted to avoid any sort of medication but tbh when you're losing weight and bloody depressed that can't be good either! I think if it goes on past 12 weeks they will give you something!

goodnightdarthvader1 Fri 04-Dec-15 16:23:31

Both of the medications I listed are safe in pregnancy.

Eigg Fri 04-Dec-15 16:24:40

My morning sickness went in for the whole pregnancy I'm afraid.

I did find it was better if I ensured that my blood sugar didn't drop so kept crackers, ginger biscuits or polo mints to hand. And keep up water/fluids to prevent dehydration.

In the end I just learned to be stoical about it. I was lucky in that I never ended up in hospital.

Most people stop suffering during the early second trimester though - good luck!

roxyrose Fri 04-Dec-15 16:52:28

oh ladies i have been to the doctors about 6 times I have had every sickness tablet they have to offfer it does nothing for me, feel like absolute death my only hope is that it eases off after 12 weeks even if it just gets a bit better i will be happy sad

ayria Fri 04-Dec-15 21:32:47

I didn't have bad sickness with my son, wasn't physically sick. It started at 7 weeks and lasted until about 17 weeks, it was such a relief! It was pretty much all day nausea though. Things like fruit, cold drinks, bland food like buttered toast and yoghurts helped for me.

Just found out I'm pregnant again. Already feel sick most of the day at roughly 5/6 weeks. Eating the same things, cold, bland things, yoghurts and fruit.
I have gone off coffee now as well like I did with my son, that's what made me do a test, ha! sad

roxyrose Sat 05-Dec-15 08:15:09

HI Ayria, fingers crossed on it stopping for you again! yes I can sometimes eat toast and yogurts, but mainly surviving on water. just hoping each day it will be gone, im praying for week 12 but id be happy with week 17 over the fulll 9 months sad xx

ginagslovechild Sat 05-Dec-15 08:21:32

Have you tried chlorpromazine? I was like you, tried them all and it worked so well, you need to be religious about taking them though. Downside is that they make you very tired.

roxyrose Sat 05-Dec-15 09:03:40

I have not heard of that one? is that in the uk? thank yousmile

ayria Sat 05-Dec-15 11:34:31

Ugh I find water makes me feel sick still unless I'm thirsty, I forgot to mention ice lollies as well. Maybe it's just me but it needs to be cold for some reason or have a bland taste. They say ginger and peppermint helps but I tried it and it made me gag! Like them ginger teas and peppermint tea things.

ginagslovechild Sun 06-Dec-15 08:43:38

Yes chlorpromazine is quite an old one, it's used as an anti sickness medication for people going through chemo, but safe in pregnancy too. It changed my life, the tiredness was grim but not as bad as they never ending all consuming sickness. I was able to stop taking it at 24 wk and although I still had bad days I felt ok after that.

roxyrose Mon 07-Dec-15 09:28:46

UPDATE how is everyone feeling? I managed to eat loads yesturday how odd is that, i have a sickly feeling in my mouth if you know what I mean but other than that I am so much better I so hope this means its leaving me! i know some people it goes and come back b ut i also have seen for most it jujst goes!" so im hoping for that x

bluemoongirly Mon 07-Dec-15 11:56:24

Im still off work (didn't go in at all last week). Struggling to keep much down and that includes the cyclizine the doctor gave me!
Feel so bad, but cannot be stuck in a classroom with no chance of leaving when I am so ill and so tired!!!!!

roxyrose Mon 07-Dec-15 12:32:53

Hey BluemoonGirly, oh my god I had that Cyclizine, it was horrendous! i was bed bund lost loads of weight an couldnt eat midwife told me to com eoff it, she said its the cheapest option docs can give out and for most makes them worse! try a different sickness tablet hun, i came off it and found i was better off it athan on it, i was still sick but not bed bound xx

bluemoongirly Mon 07-Dec-15 13:33:45

Thanks Roxy! Doc basically said the worst thing is it may not work, but didn't offer any alternatives! Just feel so guilty about work as obviously only my line manager knows the truth!

bluemoongirly Mon 07-Dec-15 13:49:46

Thanks Roxy! Doc basically said the worst thing is it may not work, but didn't offer any alternatives! Just feel so guilty about work as obviously only my line manager knows the truth!

mrsjoker35 Mon 07-Dec-15 14:06:14

Aww sad I'm currently 41 weeks ! I remember the first part so well ,i thought i was never going to get over it
My morning sickness ,finally drifted on 14-15th week of pregnancy. I didn't really do anything to stop it , i just stuck it out ,from the 5th week till the 14-15th week i just toughed it out. Because, apparently it shows that pregnancy is running smoothly and well. I know your definitely not running smoothly and well! Lol but knowing that definitely made me stick it out and just take each day as it came, and finally it drifted.
Dont worry about the weight too much, in the early stages baby doesn't actually take anything from you, it gets all the nutrients from the yolk sac. So your not draining your baby of anything. But of course ,keep taking your vitamins and keep yourself hydrated.flowers

roxyrose Sat 02-Jan-16 12:39:29

Hi Everyone, anyone feeling any better? i am 14 weeks now and feeling much much better! i still feel sick in the evenings but i can keep food down, xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now