Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

2 miscarriages pregnant again hcg levels dropping!

(19 Posts)
Laurak4 Wed 02-Dec-15 09:39:23

Hi ladies

I've had 2 previous miscarriages and now pregnant again, had bleeding and cramps early on was told my hcg levels are going up slower than they should be.

Dating from my last period in 5 weeks 1 day pregnant, last week my hcg level was showing 129 now dropped slightly!!

I'm so worried! I don't have any more cramps or bleeding and still got sore breasts.

Has anyone had an experience like this and know what's going on??

Thanks

kittykatsforever Wed 02-Dec-15 14:39:24

I'm no medical expert but can see this unanswered and just wanted to say sorry you've been through such a rough ride. I too have had two miscarriages and it's rough. In my experience if hcg was going up slowly it would cause concern but not definetly mean the worst but if it's dropping then it doesn't sound good. It's surposed to double every 48 hours and in my case the only time it's dipped has not been good outcomes. Have the doctors themselves not told you what to expect etc

Laurak4 Wed 02-Dec-15 20:04:41

No the docs have just said it could be an early miscarriage but have to go back Saturday for more blood tests.

It's so horrible and I'm feeling so down just want them to tell me if I'll ever actually be s mum!

Thanks for your reply means a lot x

Orange1969 Wed 02-Dec-15 20:17:00

I had four miscarriages before my son was born.

So sorry you are going through this.

Dropping levels of HCG does indicate that the pregnancy is not viable.

flowers

Brenna24 Wed 02-Dec-15 20:21:08

I am so sorry Laura. I hope for a miracle for you. I have just had a mmc at 11.5 weeks (baby stopped developing at 8 weeks) and then my niece had an early miscarriage. She had just found out she was pregnant, then a week later started bleeding and the scan showed an empty sac and her levels were 300. After bleeding and cramping for a week her levels were lower. That week her levels were up and down and she is still being monitored. It sucks and I am sorry you have been through this twice already. I have my fingers crossed for you that it all turns out ok.

Laurak4 Thu 03-Dec-15 10:20:15

Thankyou all for your messages!

I'm hoping everything will be ok but not getting my hopes up, I'm just hoping one day I'll be a mum!

Hope everything is ok with your niece too x

Brenna24 Thu 03-Dec-15 18:09:31

Thanks. She is having a rough time but we will get her through it. How are you today?

Laurak4 Thu 03-Dec-15 21:49:05

Please let me know how she gets on fingers crossed for her.

I'm stressing a little bit I'm back at the hospital Saturday hoping for the best but I know it's bad news sad

Brenna24 Thu 03-Dec-15 22:05:31

Best of luck for Saturday.

Laurak4 Thu 03-Dec-15 22:41:54

Thankyou smile

Brenna24 Sat 05-Dec-15 21:33:46

How did it go today?

My nieces levels have dropped enough to satisfy them and she is discharged.

Laurak4 Sat 05-Dec-15 21:53:43

Aw bless her! Hope she's ok.

My levels have only dropped to 108 from 114 in a week nearly so their not sure what's going on. I'm back tomorrow morning for a scan so will hopefully know then

flowers

Brenna24 Sun 06-Dec-15 08:26:19

That sounds like my niece's situation. It took 4 weeks for her to fully pass everything. I hope yours doesn't drag out as long and fingers crossed for no complications on the scan this morning.

LouLou030783 Sun 06-Dec-15 15:54:46

Hope ur ok OP. Xx

Laurak4 Sun 06-Dec-15 16:09:15

So I had a scan this morning and because I'm still early in my pregnancy they couldn't find baby but are saying I'm still pregnant, they are thinking it's an ectopic so going back in Tuesday for more bloods and to speak to the doctor.

Hoping it doesn't drag on for to long x

LouLou030783 Sun 06-Dec-15 16:53:50

Oh Laura what an absolute nightmare X

Brenna24 Sun 06-Dec-15 22:54:46

Could they find a sac?

Laurak4 Mon 07-Dec-15 09:06:59

No they couldn't find anything.

Brenna24 Mon 07-Dec-15 19:40:05

Best of luck tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now