Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

anyone up???

(12 Posts)
tinyme135 Wed 02-Dec-15 02:30:25

is anyone up at this crazy hour. I hope you don't mind I just want a good moan probably over nothing but it's late and I should be asleep but I'm not.

was rudely woken up by my neighbours shouting, screaming and throwing stuff at half 12. just about to go back to sleep and then my OH strolls in with his mates after a birthday night out at the pub. this then keeps me up. again was just about to fall back asleep when OH decided to throw up so had to clean that up. his mate left half hour ago an now OH is fast asleep while I'm awake with terrible heartburn and what was 'fanny daggers' to now low aches in back and around the groin area and mild period like cramping.....

not my night at all

p.s I'm up in 6 hours to get ready for a midwife appointment

Cheshirehello79 Wed 02-Dec-15 02:49:33

Well if that helps can't stop going to the toilet and gave terrible Braxton hicks

seriouslywhat Wed 02-Dec-15 02:55:23

Same. And I feel really really sick - my oldest son threw up everywhere before bedtime tonight and I fear I may be getting it. 39+1...

VimFuego101 Wed 02-Dec-15 02:56:21

What sort of man leaves their pregnant other half to clean up his sick? Is this a one off or has he done this kind of thing before?

Make sure you wake him up when you leave for your midwife app. Set an alarm on your phone to go off every 5 mins and hide it in a drawer downstairs. Open a tin of cat food and leave it next to his side of the bed.

Does drinking milk ease the heartburn at all? Worked better than any heartburn medicine when I was pregnant.

tinyme135 Wed 02-Dec-15 03:04:30

I done it cause I know he wouldn't clean it properly, a bit ocd haha. he's coming with me to my appointment as he's my lift so he's already got to cope with the early morning.

Can't drink milk as I blow up and causes more bad than good.

hope you ain't coming down with anything, this sickness bug what's going round is horrible. my sil had it the other day, it knocked her about.

thenewaveragebear1983 Wed 02-Dec-15 03:10:59

It does improve slightly once they're born average bear lies, holding 9 week old with a cold who can only sleep upright or will choke on his own snot. At least once they're born, you and DH can share the sleepless nights she lies again, listening to DH snoring in spare room as he has to work, and looking after a poorly toddler and newborn isn't work

TreeSparrow Wed 02-Dec-15 07:59:28

He's "your lift"? As in driving? Erm...he'll still be well over the drink drive limit if that's what you mean OP. Don't do it!

sepa Wed 02-Dec-15 08:06:41

I'm with Tree. I don't think you should be risking getting in a car if OH was sick in the early hours.

Hope the MW appointment goes well

tinyme135 Wed 02-Dec-15 08:36:31

he only had 2 points as he knew he was taking me today. and I found out the reason why he was sick was because he had a dodgy kebab so brought on himself.

s098 Thu 03-Dec-15 04:50:18

Second night of crap sleep for me now. Dont even know why just cant stay asleep!

tinyme135 Thu 03-Dec-15 08:15:43

I know the feeling. and then your morning is just as bad when the OH complains they're tired and you go "so am I" and his response is "you do nothing all day". I was close to slapping him. I had broken sleep cause he keeps rolling over onto my side of the bed which pushes me against the edge so I'm holding on for dear life, I clean, cook and wake up before him so he's ready for work and he has food oh and to top it off I'm heavily pregnant....I wonder why I'm tired angry

s098 Thu 03-Dec-15 17:29:23

This also sounds quite familiar for me!! your OH is very lucky you didn't slap him!
Would be good if men could feel how it is to be pregnant even just for a day then maybe they'd understand it is actually hard work

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now