Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

FTM sickening waves of stomach and back pain

(6 Posts)
MidnightRun Tue 01-Dec-15 19:03:18

Looking for a bit of advice, for the past few hours (about 5 hours) Iv been having back pain and stomach cramping, so bad it's making me feel physically sick. It lasts maybe a minute at a time but it is coming in waves. I'm 28 weeks pregnant, very straightforward pregnancy so far. Not sure if it's possibly BH, I'd heard they weren't painful and I wouldn't have said my uterus is hardening but as this is my first pregnancy I am pretty clueless about what to look out for. Anyone had something like this? Taken 2 paracetamol and drinking some water and got a hot water bottle on my back which isn't really helping!

tinyme135 Tue 01-Dec-15 19:18:39

I'd phone triage for peace of mind. this is also my first pregnancy and was told BH do not hurt but I've been having horrible cramping and back pain, went in and got checked and was told it was BH. hope it eases off soon hun.

Pipnposy Tue 01-Dec-15 19:18:50

I think you should ring delivery suite now for advice. I had a stomach bug at 23 weeks pregnant but the cramps felt very like contractions and they took me in for monitoring to be sure. Brixton hicks are uncomfortable but they shouldn't hurt like that. Hope it's nothing much and you're feeling better soon but it's not worth risking doing nothing x

LumpySpaceCow Tue 01-Dec-15 21:41:53

Ring triage and get checked out. Could be nothing but could be a uti or labour x

MidnightRun Wed 02-Dec-15 17:37:18

Thank you all very much smile spent the night with a stomach bug! Called the midwife unit this morning just to check what I could and couldn't take. They were lovely and said if there's any problems with the baby moving to go in. But the baby is loving all the extra room in there today and bouncing about like crazy! Haven't had a stomach bug in years but this is my 3rd this pregnant! Ughh! X

Pipnposy Wed 02-Dec-15 20:27:28

Glad to hear you're ok(ish!) and that baby is well. Stomach bugs are awful at any time, but so horrible when you're pregnant. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now