Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

anyone else just feeling overloaded?

(6 Posts)
BBLucy1891 Sat 28-Nov-15 21:54:24

33 weeks pregnant with my first and all I hear is what an amazing experience its supposed to be, etc, etc and how excited I must be and to read this book or that book, buy this-that-and-the-other as if all I have to do all day is prepare for my baby.

Unfortunately (and I'm not playing the violin here, I suspect this must be true for most women) despite being pregnant, 3 months of morning sickness, exhausted, sick with various ailments, life didn't just stop - I still had to work, study and maintain some semblance of normality (and I'm one of the lucky ones - I don't have little kids running around to deal with too).

Now being constantly exhausted doesn't help, neither does the fact that as a casual worker I don't get paid for sick days at my job (admin - manageable but having to do a million things at once). Plus I'm doing a PhD and am expected to sound vaguely intelligent even though all I want to do is watch TV. Did I mention I'm tired?

I seem to have a million different GP appointments, birthing classes, breastfeeding consultations, physio for my SPD, all of which require time... Preparing for baby is like a full time job in itself, and all I hear is "do this, do that, don't do this, don't do that.." Its EXHAUSTING!

Then, people ask me if I'm nesting: are you kidding? I've just let all the house stuff slide unless my boyfriend does it. Sex life? Really?

I don't know - sometimes I just miss my old life, where I was thin, and had energy...and enjoyed sex.

I'm ranting. Probably exhaustion...

What I want to know is - how do you fit everything in? maybe if I spent less time on mumsnet :-)

Champagneformyrealfriends Sat 28-Nov-15 22:06:39

I don't fit everything in. I'm shattered, I never see my friends, I'm moody, and I visibly don't enjoy being pregnant. Which I feel so so guilty about. And I'm only 20 weeks-my sister keeps going on about NCT but I just don't know how I'll A. Afford it and B. Fit it in. hmm

Runningupthathill82 Sat 28-Nov-15 23:05:28

How do you fit it all in? You don't.
I'm 32 weeks and close to breaking point with a busy full time job, a demanding toddler, hideous back pain and sleepless nights.
But having done it before, I know this is the easy bit because at least I get to sit down (albeit on my yoga ball!) once the toddler is asleep. Soon there will just be cluster feeds all night and then up with a 3-y-o from 6am.

Honestly, this bit is tough, but it's the most rest you'll get for a LONG time. You just have to muddle through as best you can. Prioritise the stuff you have to (for me - DS, work, exercise, some time with DH and friends) and let everything else just go a bit slack (for me - cleaning, gardening, reading intelligent books). It all works itself out, because it has to.

Good luck!

teamrigby Sun 29-Nov-15 10:39:29

You don't sad I'm 38 weeks now, just finished FT work on Friday. I haven't been playing my squash, racketball, running, up the allotment all through pregnancy due to lack of energy. Barely keeping the house 'running'. This is our 1st too.
The only saving grace exercise wise is being able to walk the dog still smile
Like others have said, just muddle through and don't feel bad x

goodnightdarthvader1 Sun 29-Nov-15 11:03:06

Yup, I feel you. Dealing with building work too, my house is a top and everything is covered in dust. Worried about my possible impending iron transfusion. Panicking about being a mum. Tired of it all at the moment.

madsaz76 Sun 29-Nov-15 16:07:08

I hear you sister. Our house is a total mess, my brain has checked out of work already and I am desperately struggling to tie up loose ends and not use my "who gives a toss?" face while there.

I waste hours on the internet when I am meant to be doing stuff and am vaguely aware the health visitor will want to visit soon - not sure she's allowed in!

The only nesting I am doing is accumulating pillows to get comfortable. I'm 30 weeks and expect to go down in lore at work as the laziest whiniest mum to be ever. Just keep telling myself mat leave starts soon and I may be able to spare some energy when I am not pretending to work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now