Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

baby movement

(9 Posts)
Minniemouse94 Tue 24-Nov-15 11:44:51

I'm only 20+6 but I haven't really felt my little boy move too much over the past 3 days, I know it's still early days but should I be worrying or is he probably just turned around so I don't feel him too much? I'm such a worry lol. X

tinyme135 Tue 24-Nov-15 12:06:14

at 20 weeks you shouldn't feel much as they're still so small that they have so much room to move about. but if you are worried called the MW that's what they're there for smile

Hopefullyhoping Tue 24-Nov-15 12:10:20

Have you done the drinking a glass of very cold water and then lying on your left side thing? Not sure whether that works at 20 weeks. If the movements feel different, I'd be tempted to get checked out just to put your mind at rest.

Hopefullyhoping Tue 24-Nov-15 12:11:23

Have you had your 20 week scan yet?

Minniemouse94 Tue 24-Nov-15 12:50:36

Hello.
Yes had my 20 week scan, all was well then, I think I'm just worrying, I have called my midwife and I have an appointment at 4pm to check his heartbeat.
I think it could be as I was rushing around Saturday and Sunday getting everything ready for my partners birthday, and yesterday I looked after my friends little boy, maybe he's moved but I just have been so busy I've not actually felt it, or I have but didn't realise it. Thank you though, I'll just have to keep myself busy till 4 lol X

GirlSailor Tue 24-Nov-15 13:46:39

I didn't feel anything that I was sure was the baby until much later as I have an anterior placenta, but at 20 weeks there is still a lot of room so you won't always feel it. At my 20 week scan there was lots of movement but I couldn't feel anything while it was going on.

Babies do tend to get sleepy when you're moving around so if you were rushing about you may have rocked them to sleep.

I'm sure plenty of people call with this worry though, so your midwife will understand if you want to call them.

Hopefullyhoping Tue 24-Nov-15 21:23:02

How did it go girl sailor?

TreeSparrow Tue 24-Nov-15 21:30:09

I didn't feel movement until 22-23wks. I don't think you need to worry about regular feeling until 28wks.

GirlSailor Thu 26-Nov-15 14:29:54

I'm still doing fine, thanks Hope - due in a couple of days. I am regularly getting beaten up from the inside but I can't believe there is any room left at this point!

Hope it's all going well for the rest of you, too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now