Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Are we still allowed to use bleach?

(9 Posts)
penguinsarecool Mon 23-Nov-15 15:41:02

This morning i went Sainsburys with a friend. I picked up some bleach in the cleaning aisle and she said i should not use bleach whilst pregnant. is this true?

fairyfeatures Mon 23-Nov-15 15:44:49

I'll quickly answer before you get flamed and have comments like 'as long as you're not drinking or snorting it , you'll be fine!

Yes you can use bleach, its an old nonsense tale.

Now don't read the responses to this thread again unless you want a load of shit off unhelpful people! wink grin

penguinsarecool Mon 23-Nov-15 15:48:04

lol i'm gonna get flamed? shock

fairyfeatures Mon 23-Nov-15 15:49:52

There was another thread about exactly the same thing on here the other day and the sarcastic comments were unbelievable and uncalled for. I'd expect it on AIBU but not on pregnancy.

Bleach away my dear!

DinoSnores Mon 23-Nov-15 17:28:23

Although you could tell your friend that if she doesn't want you using bleach, she would be very, very welcome to come and clean the loos... grin

MrsCrimshaw Mon 23-Nov-15 17:30:28

My headteacher at school told me she was addicted to the smell of bleach whilst pregnant... I'm not sure if she went out of her way to sniff it or not!

MrsCrimshaw Mon 23-Nov-15 17:30:54

sorry - my headteacher is my boss. I don't mean when I was at school lol...

KatyN Mon 23-Nov-15 18:00:37

Sushhhh. I have got out of a LOT of cleaning claiming the fumes make me feel sick.

KatyN Mon 23-Nov-15 18:01:21

And I couldn't gloss the nursery. I am LAZY!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now