Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sharp pains in lower abdomen 16 weeks

(8 Posts)
Chloeisobelle21 Tue 17-Nov-15 21:45:00

I had been out walking a lot today and when I got home I sat on the sofa for a good 15 mins before getting up again. Once I got up I was hit with this kind of ripping sensation in my lower abdomen. I had to sit on the floor until it eased and standing up made it worse. It went away eventually and didn't come back. I'm 16 weeks and 3 days and I'm just a bag of nerves about this pregnancy, very paranoid and now I'm worried about this being something major. I've had no bleeding as I checked. I have my 16 week check tomorrow so will talk to midwife about it and see what she said but can anyone ease my mind before then? Could it of been ligaments?

ParsnipSoup Tue 17-Nov-15 21:48:26

I get this quite a lot when I stand or sneeze or overdo it walking about and I'm only 13 weeks. Midwife suggested it's ligaments.

WanderingTrolley1 Tue 17-Nov-15 21:49:11

Stretching pain.

Katarzyna79 Tue 17-Nov-15 21:50:46

Hi op it could be your uterus expanding can cause sharp pains.

Or could be start of spd.

the former nothing to worry about pelvic pains however can be debilitating if really bad, they're agony I pray you don't have it, I hope I don't get it this time round.

If you have and spotting bleeding get checked out asap

I think you will be fine relax see your midwife tomorrow she'll put you at ease. Take care

Chloeisobelle21 Tue 17-Nov-15 21:54:00

I'm lying in bed and it's starting slightly again. It's across my pelvic area and into my hips? It does feel like stretching but I'm laying down now and haven't been that active the last few hours. I hope it isn't spd. Didn't have that problem before, this is my second baby.

Chloeisobelle21 Tue 17-Nov-15 21:55:11

God I'm worried it could be early labour? It doesn't feel like contractions I have no tightning but jeez I'm worried now!

Undertheboredwalk Tue 17-Nov-15 22:05:00

Try not to worry it does sound like round ligament pain look here, I'm 16 weeks tomorrow and have been having it for a few weeks now, I've had it in all of my pregnancies but am still taken aback by the sharp pain sometimes!
Definitely check with midwife tomorrow but it sounds very normal smile

Chloeisobelle21 Tue 17-Nov-15 22:17:15

Thanks that link was helpful!
Got my second scan upcoming and I'm just worrying so bad. Well it's in 2 weeks and a few days but it can't come quick enough

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now