Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is worry normal?

(5 Posts)
toohardtothinkofaname Sun 15-Nov-15 11:01:14

I'm 33 weeks & textbook pregnancy so far. However, I can't seem to avoid stories about stillbirth or death after birth because of the Internet. I don't go looking for these stories but they pop up unexpectedly.

I know knowledge is good & I have my Count the Kicks wristband but I feel worried that something might go wrong & what if there's complications pre, during or post birth? I just need to know if other mums to be worry about this daily too & that I'm normal.

Oysterbabe Sun 15-Nov-15 12:07:38

I think it's normal to worry because the thought of it happening is just so, so horrific. I find myself drawn to and reading these stories all the time even though I know I shouldn't.
Our little ones will be here safe soon. flowers

toohardtothinkofaname Sun 15-Nov-15 12:30:08

Thank you oysterbabe, I'm going to talk through with mw when I see her next week too. I know statistically it's going to be absolutely fine but I won't feel better until he's here & safe (then I'll start worrying about something else no doubt!) smile

brookeberry Sun 15-Nov-15 16:11:23

Hi toohard I see it never stops then! I'm 18 weeks with DC1 and if I read anything to do with loss around whatever week I've reached, my confidence disappears. Anyone I speak to worries when pregnant, not all the time, but at pretty regular intervals. I'm now worrying about my 20 week scan, but trying to enjoy my pregnancy and assuming all will be will, because chances are, it will smile

toohardtothinkofaname Sun 15-Nov-15 16:38:33

Brookeberry, yep it carries on! Haha. I don't worry every day, usually just when I'm having a chill day & too much time to think. Thankfully I have a scan next week to check placenta has moved so I get an extra chance to see baby & get some reassurance.

No doubt when they arrive you then start worrying about if they're too hot, are they hungry, pooing enough etc etc. At least when I'm not pregnant I can have a little bevvy & chill the fuck out! Haha

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now