Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

1st pregnancy and I just can't stop worrying!

(18 Posts)
bippitybopityboo Tue 10-Nov-15 19:54:47

Hey guys!
I have recently found out that I'm pregnant. It's very very early days a clear blue test said 1-2 weeks 3 days ago! DH and i are so so happy to be pregnant!
But since I found out I constantly find my self running to the toilet to check I'm not bleeding and the slightest stomach pain leaves me paranoid for hours!
I'm just constantly worried that something bad is going to happen I'm going crazy and really wish I never found out so soon. Am I mad or is this normal for the first few weeks!confusedblushangrysad
Thankyou crazy pregnant lady!! Xx

Oysterbabe Tue 10-Nov-15 20:05:03

Yes it's very normal and you'll be nervous and worried pretty much the entire time. Try and take comfort in the fact that you are not alone, we're mostly all scared shitless.
Congrats!

bippitybopityboo Tue 10-Nov-15 20:51:22

Phew! 9 months (hopefully) of this worrying and I'm pretty sure it doesn't stop there! Haha thankyou though it's nice to know others are in the same boat smile

Robotgirl Tue 10-Nov-15 20:57:58

Congratulations!
Totally normal behaviour & you will worry throughout your pregnancy & throughout your labour & throughout his/her childhood!!
Being a parent is brilliant. You must be very excited X

bippitybopityboo Tue 10-Nov-15 21:12:01

I think I'm making my self feel sick worrying I darent even have a hot bath incase it's bad!!
I really don't want to be a drama queen so don't want to think about it but I just can't help it.
We're very excited and want this sooo much!
Thankyou though ladies!
I'm new to this site and the support is fab!! smile

BexusSugarush Tue 10-Nov-15 21:18:36

aww congratulations to both of you! As everyone has said, completely normal. As with when you're trying to conceive, every toilet trip you're terrified of finding blood. But remember, even a little bit of blood is not necessarily bad news.

This paranoia will continue throughout all of pregnancy, even when you get to 32 weeks and the hospital tell you everything is absolutely fine! But it's a good thing to worry; it will help you look after yourself smile

And while it definitely feels like every day takes forever and 9 months seems so impossibly long from where you are, you'll get there eventually smile

FaFoutis Tue 10-Nov-15 21:24:20

Congratulations!
Yes all that worry is normal. My youngest child is now 6 yrs old and I still automatically check for blood when I go to the toilet.

I used to get stomach pains in early pregnancy (I had 4), a kind of zinging and stretching. Normal and nothing to worry about.

Andie92 Wed 11-Nov-15 17:00:41

congrats,
I am in the same boat at five weeks and today I got all upset because I got half way through my lunch I remembered I shouldn't eat mayo and threw it away then had to go and buy something else because I was still hungry.
So I'm also glad to see that the worrying is normal and I'm not just going crazy.

bippitybopityboo Wed 11-Nov-15 20:40:31

Aw there is sooo much to think about I keep doing tests to make sure it's still there haha!!
Glad someone is in the same boat, congratulations to you and hope all goes well flowers

Andie92 Wed 11-Nov-15 21:18:34

I'm doing the same thing because even though I have symptoms but not as servere as some women get so it sometimes dosen't feel like I'm really pregnant so I keep testing but I know when I get my 12 week scan reality will hit me and I will be a blubbing overjoyed, excited and terrified mess and I hope that is a normal reaction.

Augustina123 Wed 11-Nov-15 21:38:45

Congrats!!!

As someone only a few weeks ahead of you (13 weeks), I'm constantly worried, too. Just to reassure you that even if you end up bleeding a little and/or having some pain, it's not necessarily bad news though - I've had both pretty much since Week 5 due to a condition they found then and my scans have shown that all is fine with the baby in spite of this. (I still worry all the time though. ;-))

Katieemilyxo Wed 11-Nov-15 22:27:57

I did the exact thing stop stressing I did it soon as I found out I cryed through my whole pregnancy and was so stressed and it just made my pregnancy so hard for me bow I have my four month old son healthy just treasure your pregnancy and enjoy ot because being pregnant is amazing enjoy the movement when it comes and just be happy I wish I was it put me through so much panic and I did have ableed at twenty weeks from stress enjoy it while ur baby's in there xox

EdgarAllenPoe Thu 12-Nov-15 14:45:09

It's very normal. I wasn't too stressed during the first half of my pregnancy since I figured there was nothing that could be done if it all went wrong at that stage (I'd have been distraught of course).

Now I'm 32 weeks and can feel baby's movements and that's almost worse since if I don't feel the 'correct' movements for a certain period of time I get worried about it. It was better when I was blissfully ignorant.

I imagine this is just a taster for motherhood. Once they're born, we'll worry about them constantly as well!

PrincessPunzie Thu 12-Nov-15 15:01:45

Completely normal! It's a very worrying time in the early days - you get given a midwife appointment that seems an eternity away, the dating scan is even further away (I'm waiting on my appointment now) and you're in a complete limbo. Especially if like me your first trimester is relatively symptom-less. Like someone else has said, don't freak out if you do have a bit of bleeding early on - I did, at six weeks, but I went for a check-up and an early scan and much to my relief everything was fine and the baby had a heartbeat. That stopped me worrying for all of a week and a half though!

Andie92 you can eat mayonnaise! It's only if it's been freshly home-made (thus containing raw eggs) that it's not okay. I am a mayo addict and the only times I've eschewed it since finding out I'm pregnant are when eating out at posh restaurants - the chances of getting freshly-made mayo anywhere else (unless you're making it yourself) are very slim.

lozengeoflove Thu 12-Nov-15 15:02:47

Congratulations flowers
It's totally normal to feel like you do. I checked for bleeding up intil the day I had my baby! Good luck with your pregnancy.

tinyme135 Thu 12-Nov-15 15:11:47

I remember being like this when I found out I was pregnant. I didn't find out till I was 9 weeks though but as the doctor told me earlier on that year I won't be able to get pregnant unless I try treatment you can see why I panicked. I was in and out of the toilet for every slight pain. Now I'm 31+4 and I keep getting period like cramps and I'm starting to fret all over again haha. What we like confused

EllieJayJay Thu 12-Nov-15 20:11:15

Hello - Come and join us on the July 2016 baby thread if you are not already in a group, lots of first timers and experienced mum all pulling/dragging each other through it xx

EllieJayJay Thu 12-Nov-15 20:13:17

You can click here: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/2497061-July-2016-Babies?msgid=57559910#57559910

To find us smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now