Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

chest infection and not feeling well

(5 Posts)
tinyme135 Tue 10-Nov-15 08:21:50

Yesterday I posted about waning to go on mat leave even earlier as i don't feel well, well I've booked an appointment today to see the doc as I was throwing up all last night with a horrible cough sore rips and hips, the mucus I'm coughing up is (tmi) a really thick green substance and just seems to be getting thicker and i feel like its getting harder for me to breath as I'm coughing most of the time sad

I'm not looking for advice I'm just looking to moan and groan, and also to say I have never been sick before from coughing so wasn't sure if its related to me not feeling well or related to me being pregnant.

mummyneedinganswers Tue 10-Nov-15 13:04:09

I have exactly what u have but I'm 37 weeks and due to be induced next Tuesday. My chest is the same bit I'm asthmatic and the wheezy chest is horrible.

Onthepigsback Tue 10-Nov-15 21:09:51

I had a bad chest infection, toncillitis and vomiting bug on my last pregnancy. I held off for weeks on antibiotics for the chest and separately for the tonsillitis but I just couldn't get better. It was miserable. I feel for you OP.

tinyme135 Tue 10-Nov-15 21:33:57

I've been given amoxicillin. I told my doc that I ain't coping at the moment at work or with stress at home (problems with my dad) and she just didn't seem to care. luckily I got a midwife appointment tomorrow maybe she'll be more help.

Onthepigsback Wed 11-Nov-15 00:02:37

Well you need to get better first. I bet the amoxicillin will get you back up and running in a few days. Hope he other stuff is much easier once you feel more like yourself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now