Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

40wks Sunday with my first DC

(5 Posts)
HopeFull28 Fri 06-Nov-15 21:16:46

So I last saw my mw at 38+4wks and she hasn't mentioned anything about if I go over.. She just made another appointment with her next Thursday when I will be 40+4wks.
She doesn't seem that interested and this is my first so it's all new to me.. Feeling a bit let down.. Anyone in same boat? Or got any advice?

BuggerLumpsAnnoyed Fri 06-Nov-15 21:44:48

What they'll do is check you when you're 40 weeks, see if you need a stretch and sweep or an appointment for an induction. Most people tend to go over with their first so I wouldn't worry.

acquiescence Fri 06-Nov-15 22:08:13

I'm 40 weeks on Sunday with my first as well!

Normal gestation is anything from 37 to 42 weeks so not much really changes on the due date. So if nothing is happening you will check in with your midwife on Thursday and she might offer you a sweep. I can have one at my next appointment if I want next week. We will discuss the next step (booking induction) next week as well.

HopeFull28 Fri 06-Nov-15 22:27:52

Same due date then smile I just thought it was strange how she didn't mention anything about what happens next but then she was running late as usual! hmm hope all goes well with u, do u know what ur having?

Becky899 Sat 07-Nov-15 15:28:57

I'm 40 weeks in 10 days , had my 38 week appointment yesterday , and midwife said I can have a sweep if nothing has happened at my 40 week appointment , didn't mention induction , but sure she'll talk to me about it then. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now