Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Scared it's too good to be true :(

(10 Posts)
Chattycat78 Fri 06-Nov-15 09:44:01

Just that really. I got a bfp a week ago- huge shock. We conceived our first child via ivf (also had a blighted ovum before that revealed at an 8 week scan), so It was no picnic and i was expecting it to either be very difficult or a long process or not to be even possible to have another one.

This was our first cycle ttc since ds was born- hence the shock. So -surely this is too good to be true? I feel like its a horrible joke and I'm just waiting for the punchline- ie miscarriage/chemical pregnancy/blighted ovumsad. I've even managed to convince EPU to give me a scan as soon as I reach 6 weeks so at least I can write it off asap if needed. Anyone else feel like this or do I need a slap?

Also I've not had much in the way of symptoms - which I'm taking as a sign that it's not good!

Sanch1 Fri 06-Nov-15 09:51:05

Oh bless you, it must be hard when youve been through a tough time. All you can do is try and stay positive! And hope that scan comes around quickly. I didnt have any sypmtoms with DD until I was around 7 weeks, but I bet you do have some, aches and pains maybe? Keep positive.

Imnotaslimjim Fri 06-Nov-15 09:56:34

I hear you!! And I'm here to handhold. The next couple of weeks while you wait for that scan drags on and on, but all you can do is keep hope.

flowers

MummyBex1985 Fri 06-Nov-15 10:33:15

I didn't have any symptoms at all with my DD (apart from the odd food craving but I get them anyway) and didn't even show until 30 weeks! No MS, no sore voobs, no stomach twinges - nothing. She turned out fine! So a lack of symptoms isn't always a bad sign.

Congratulations. It's amazing news. Try not to worry.

Onsera3 Fri 06-Nov-15 11:15:18

I felt that way when I got pregnant on my first round of IVF. I bought those tests that tell you how many weeks along you are to try and see if my levels were going up. This only works for first few weeks I think.

Second time was lucky natural conception which also felt too good to be true. I had a lot of cramping and bleeding in the early weeks but the rest of my pregnancy was fine and had healthy DD.

You will feel a lot better after a scan.

Congratulations.

CityDweller Fri 06-Nov-15 11:41:43

I was the same with dc2! Got pregnant easily, timing was perfect, etc. Was convinced I'd have a mmc or something else would 'go wrong'. But here I am, sitting with said dc2 - 3 weeks old - snuggling on my chest. Sometimes things just work out!

brookeberry Fri 06-Nov-15 11:54:33

Chatty I completely understand. I've had a failed IVF, 3 mcs including blighted ovum not found until 12 weeks. I'm 42 and now happily 17 weeks pregnant. It's all possible. Good luck! smile

Those early scans really do help you to stop worrying. I've had 4 so far! 8, 10, 12 and 15 weeks.

Dogsmom Fri 06-Nov-15 12:49:08

Congratulationflowers

With your history it's no wonder you're nervous and you probably won't believe is happening until the baby is safely in your arms.

I'm another who struggled to conceive with my first, it took 3 years then we decided to start trying for another and I feel pregnant after having sex only once.
Dd2 is now 8 months but it did all feel very surreal until she was about 4 months old.

Chattycat78 Fri 06-Nov-15 15:23:00

Thanks everyone- glad to see I'm not alone in my pessimism!
Sanch- I aupppse ive had cramping/sore boobs but it does seem to come and go somewhat. However I have also had briwn spotting- something which admittedly I had with both the blighted ovum and the successful pregnancy- but it's making me worry as I know it could go either way.
Onsera- yes that's exactly it! My ds was conceived on our first round of ivf and that was mega lucky as it was- hence the reason for thinking that this is just beyond lucky and therefore impossible!

Jenijena Fri 06-Nov-15 15:27:59

Keeping everything crossed for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now