Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

pain from right bum cheek down leg

(8 Posts)
olaflikeswarmhugs Thu 05-Nov-15 19:14:53

It's worse when I first get up in the morning or when I've been on my feet for a while. I have to put all my weight on my left left when I first stand up then ease onto the right leg iyswim?

I have mild SPD and have a support band but this seems different. It varies from mild and unnoticeable if busy, to agony.

pnutter Thu 05-Nov-15 19:15:42

Sounds like sciatica

GinAndSonic Thu 05-Nov-15 19:16:33

Sciatica.

olaflikeswarmhugs Thu 05-Nov-15 19:21:14

Posted too soon. Was about to say is it sciatica grin

I'm not seeing my midwife for another couple weeks should I leave it or is sciatica a physio problem ? I was thinking of going back to physio anyway because my stomach muscles are feeling really stretched sometimes I have to hold my tummy up with my hands. Maybe I need a better support band.

Mytholmroyd Thu 05-Nov-15 19:24:43

agree re sciatica - had it during all four pregnancies disappeared almost immediately after the birth. with my last baby my consultant sent me for acupuncture - i didnt argue but was very sceptical. only one session and it worked! wish I had tried it earlier!

spacefrog35 Thu 05-Nov-15 19:54:38

I'd be tempted to go the physio route now. Best midwife will be able to do is refer you to someone which could take a while. I find lying on the floor with a tennis ball under the relevant cheek helps. Roll around on the ball until you find the relevant point, then put some pressure on by releasing your weight onto the tennis ball if you see what I mean? Hurts like hell but helps me get some temporary relief.

Paperblank Thu 05-Nov-15 19:54:56

You have my sympathy...it is horrible! I had some physio and use some yoga stretches to help. I also use a hot water bottle or cura-heat pads if I am out and about.

Definitely speak to MW but also call GP and see if they can get you in for some physio.

Hope you're not in too much pain.

Loraline Thu 05-Nov-15 19:56:54

I had this with first pregnancy. It lasted 2 or 3 weeks then disappeared. Gp thought it was just a pinch as I was growing and then got released.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now