Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feeling rough after flu jab.

(9 Posts)
ServingSuggestion Sat 31-Oct-15 06:22:40

Had flu jab yesterday morning and the possible side effects the nurse mentioned have hit me like a train. I feel SHITE thlconfused

I'm sure it will pass quickly, but it's not really what I need at 28 weeks. Better than flu though.

Anyone else react to the jab in this way?

toohardtothinkofaname Sat 31-Oct-15 09:07:16

hey Serving; the pharmacist who administered mine told me the flu jab isn't a live vaccine so unlikely to have given you a cold/flu. However, two days after having mine I got an ear infection which brought on a lovely case of shingles - DELIGHTFUL!

Thankfully it's the weekend so use it as a perfect excuse to stay in your pjs and have a couple of duvet days (unless this is DC2 ;) )

MaisieDotes Sat 31-Oct-15 09:09:47

Oh no. Hope you both feel better soon. I had mine on Thursday and am yet to get the side effects.

spacefrog35 Sat 31-Oct-15 09:15:21

No fluey effects although I was told to expect them but I have a horrible red, itchy, tender patch where the jab was given sad

Metalhead Sat 31-Oct-15 09:49:07

I felt pretty rough after mine too, had a terrible headache for about 3 days. Not fun but it should pass soon.

ServingSuggestion Sat 31-Oct-15 10:06:39

Thanks all. Sorry to hear others have been suffering as well thankscake

My arm is very sore too. But then I guess I'm lucky to have had the jab and not the flu, so I can't moan too much.

I am absolutely still in my PJs and contemplating my third cup of tea grin

ServingSuggestion Sat 31-Oct-15 10:08:01

toohard Yes this is DC2...and DS is choosing today to be a little shithead display his most 'challenging' behaviour hmm

feerouge Sat 31-Oct-15 10:55:27

I had swollen armpit on the arm where they did the flu jab for 2-3 days and a bit painful but that's all!

Mummytoabeaut1 Tue 03-Nov-15 13:45:09

I had my flu jab when I was 12 weeks pregnant and a day before Christmas Eve, can honestly say it had to be the worst Christmas ever. Look forward to the Christmas dinner all year, esp then when I had the excuse of "eating for two" aha couldn't eat a bloody thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now