Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is this normal?

(8 Posts)
ReturnofSaturn Tue 27-Oct-15 00:26:48

Just found out a few days ago I'am pregnant, two positive home tests and a positive one at the doctors.

This was certainly not a planned pregnancy and I'm in a tricky situation so not feeling at my best anyway.

First day of last period I think was the 21st if sept so could be 5 weeks to the day.

Went for an ultrasound today and they couldn't see anything. They said it might be too early?? Could this be true?
I'm absolutely terrified that it's maybe because it's not in the right place, like a fallopian tube...
And Iv felt quite poorly today too so I'm a little scared sad

Any advice please?

CultureSucksDownWords Tue 27-Oct-15 00:33:37

Yes it could be too early to see anything. Was it an external or an internal scan?

FuzzyOwl Tue 27-Oct-15 00:57:02

I think five weeks is probably too early and I am surprised they scanned you unless you had an underlying reason. Don't forget that when you ovulate is really the key day and not necessarily the date of your last period. I usually have a 31 day cycle but I ovulate on day 21, so this means my egg/baby is always going to be a week behind the dates my last period suggest it will be. Are you having another scan in a fortnight?

ReturnofSaturn Tue 27-Oct-15 01:12:15

Yes they did both a regular scan and an internal scan.

Yes the underlying reason is I'm considering termination and I'am currently living in Canada so if I want to take the medication termination route, that can only be done up to 7 weeks

ReturnofSaturn Tue 27-Oct-15 01:13:20

Just scared, this is first pregnancy and I'm a long way from home sad

SushiAndTheBanshees Tue 27-Oct-15 02:13:56

Yes it probably is too early.

The sonographer will have checked everything out, but 5 weeks pg is probably only 3 weeks, so nothing to see at all.

Try not to worry. You have time to think. Good luck.

ReturnofSaturn Tue 27-Oct-15 02:38:48

Thank you Sushi

ICantThinkOfAUsernameH Tue 27-Oct-15 09:29:21

I had the same - had a scan at 5+4 and was told to come back in 2 weeks as nothing could be seen.
4 days later at 6+1 I had bleeding so had a scan and a little heartbeat was found smile
Hope it all works out ok x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now