Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Early pregnacy bloat

(12 Posts)
mistletoeprickles Thu 22-Oct-15 08:10:50

I'm very newly pregnant, 5/6 weeks and I look about 4 months!
Is this normal?
I don't remember this with DD but that's almost 6 years ago.
I feel huge and I'm busy spending my time hiding it so no one guesses.
It's a baby that was conceived using clomid so I don't know if that makes a difference.

WhattaMorning Thu 22-Oct-15 08:29:25

Bloating is very very normal in early pregnancy. I would wake up with a nice flat stomach and look six months pregnant by bedtime!

Honestly don't worry about it smile

PrincessPunzie Thu 22-Oct-15 12:05:15

I'm seven weeks and I normally have a flat tummy (if I put on weight it bypasses my tummy and goes straight to my hips!) so I've noticed the bloating quite a lot - also mostly in the evenings - it's way to early for me to be showing but I do sometimes wonder if people might start to guess if they see me from the wrong angle!

Junosmum Thu 22-Oct-15 13:20:37

Yeah, it was horrid, really painful too.

GizzyBoo Thu 22-Oct-15 13:21:28

YY to terrible bloating. This is #5 and I've never experienced bloating quite like it. It's actually very painful in the evenings and gives me terrible rib and upper back pain. I'm almost 10 weeks now so hoping it settles soon.

Littlefrenchmummy Thu 22-Oct-15 13:50:12

Yes yes the worst bloating ever. I looked 6 months pregnant at 7 weeks I couldn't hide it it was awful. And yes the worst being at night.

It will get better xxx

1frenchfoodie Thu 22-Oct-15 20:28:13

Yup - I found weeks 6-7 I looked more pregnant than I do now at 20 weeks. Only my partner knew by then so dressing for work was a bit of a nightmare. Strangely enough a day of being windy after eating a burrito sorted me out.

Icklepickle101 Thu 22-Oct-15 20:43:45

Yes!!

A director at work looked at my belly and congratulated me when I was 7 WEEKS pregnant, in the kitchen, in front of about 10 other people blush

It passes I promise!!

mistletoeprickles Thu 22-Oct-15 22:16:40

Thanks for all the replies.

I'm glad I'm not the only one, I look HUGE!

dizzylemon Fri 23-Oct-15 09:55:05

Same as WhattaMorning for me. At 16 weeks I think it's getting better, but then the bump has grown anyway to compensate...

Autumn2014 Fri 23-Oct-15 10:25:22

Mine was awful. I'm 12 weeks now and it's getting a bit better but I'm still more bloat than bump.

mistletoeprickles Sat 24-Oct-15 06:17:11

I had to go out yesterday and buy a new top in an attempt to hide it today when I meet some friends for lunch!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now