Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Lost mucus plug at 37 weeks - how long now????

(8 Posts)
mumsrthebest Mon 19-Oct-15 11:39:52

Hi All, just some advice as it was different with my DD. This is my second pregnancy and last night after getting out the bath I wiped myself and saw sticky mucus TMI. I had mild period pains and I mean very mild (mild even be psychological) and leaking a little bit when I cough (nothing major). Just wondered if anyone else had this? Also I feel like he is heavier on my cervix and slight pain when I stand up.

Topsy34 Mon 19-Oct-15 20:16:04

It could be anytime....it could be a couple of weeks. Mucus plugs can go and nothing.....that said are you leaking amniotic fluid or could it be wee?

Just because leaking amniotic fluid isnt a great thing to happen as it has potential for infection to get in there, i would keep a close eye on it and baby movment and if there is a reduction or increase in movment please get checked

Topsy34 Mon 19-Oct-15 20:16:25

Sorry dont mean to freak you out!!

jellyjiggles Mon 19-Oct-15 20:18:46

Could be tomorrow, could be 4 weeks. These baby's like to surprise their mums!

PinkParsnips Mon 19-Oct-15 20:19:55

I lost mine but still had to be induced 2 weeks later...

mumsrthebest Tue 20-Oct-15 09:46:48

Went to hospital and not leaking fluid just wee. It's the waiting game again.

Luciferbox Tue 20-Oct-15 09:49:39

DS1 gave birth the next morning
DS2 had to be induced 4 days later

Sorry, not much help.

Llouh Tue 20-Oct-15 09:53:45

Lost mine at 37 weeks too but I'm 39+3 now still waiting!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now