Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

swaddle for winter baby??

(7 Posts)
Queazy Wed 14-Oct-15 21:41:36

My dc1 was born early Sep so she wasn't a tiny newborn when it was really cold. My baby is due end of Dec, so thinking about what to put the baby in at bedtime. There seem to be lots of swaddles on the market. Last time I just used a basic gro-swaddle. Do you think that'll be warm enough? The room can be 16-17C xx

winchester1 Wed 14-Oct-15 21:48:36

Mine are similar (late Aug and mid Jan),neither liked swaddles so I just used grow bags with both (I just put a stich in the neck when they were tiny). You can always tuck a blanket round f needed.

Queazy Wed 14-Oct-15 22:07:32

Thanks Winchester - putting an extra stitch in a Gro-bag is a great idea smile

RidingSixWhiteHorses Wed 14-Oct-15 22:10:49

Both mine winter babies and I never swaddled as they didn't like it. I didn't like sleeping bag when they were teeny so used blankets and warm pyjamas.

Scattymum101 Wed 14-Oct-15 22:30:56

My second was born in February and it was freezing and snowy. I just did the swaddle pod with a cellular blanket folded once over her bottom half, long sleeved vest and baby grow and we had the heating on low on cold nights.

SnozzberryPie Thu 15-Oct-15 11:39:09

Mine was a winter baby, she loved swaddling so I swaddled her then put a blanket on top.

IdaClair Thu 15-Oct-15 13:40:08

I have always used a basic blanket. Then another basic blanket or extra cuddle if the baby seems cold at the time.

Kind of exactly what I do for myself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now