Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

TMI mucus plug

(8 Posts)
Ladypug Sat 03-Oct-15 23:20:56

Hi all,

What does the mucus plug look like? Sorry if tmi but I've had some thick discharge kind of clear/yellow jelly consistency (bit like thick semen or thick discharge) could this be it? It's come twice whilst passing stools today!

mummyneedinganswers Sun 04-Oct-15 01:05:59

I'm not sure as I'm only 31 weeks with first baby but my sister gave birth 5 weeks ago and described it as jelly like snot and said it looked disgusting. There's a few threads on here in past about it you may be able to find them x

u32ng Mon 05-Oct-15 18:17:07

Sounds like it could be your show OP! If it's jelly-ish as you describe and not like anything you usually find down there then there's a good chance. Don't be surprised if more comes out after that. I thought mine had all come out the first time but then had another massive amount of jelly stuff!shock

Doublebubblebubble Tue 06-Oct-15 08:59:11

Sounds like it could be - sometimes its a bit pink/blood stained. As other pp have posted expect more but at the same time the plug can and does regenerate... X eeeep x with my DD (39.6) I had my show, my waters broke and she was born 4.5 hours later x how many weeks are you - I'm currently 40+2 (gah!!)

Ladypug Tue 06-Oct-15 11:34:30

I don't think it was mucus plug as nothing happened after that :-( I'm 37 + 5 so still a way to go probably! 40 + 2 - wow, I hope baby comes soon for you!

Doublebubblebubble Tue 06-Oct-15 12:05:47

lady thank you - im tearing my hair out im sooooooooooooo frustrated lol luckily i have midwife in a bit so im keeping my fingers crossed that she'll give me a sweep and it will all happen today...

you "losing" your mucus plug can mean something or nothing at all (most people dont even notice it coming out as it just falls straight into the toilet.)

Anything can happen for you now that you are term so it might mean you'll lose more or you might not notice anything and then just go into labour... Every woman is different

X

dotladotla Tue 06-Oct-15 19:50:58

I'm 40 weeks tomorrow with my first and I never thought that I'd be so eager to see snotty stuff in my knickers when it eventually comes!
Had the midwife today and she said that they don't sweep first time mums until 41 weeks now- I was convinced they'd do it today, what a mare.

Doublebubblebubble Wed 07-Oct-15 11:15:03

Really dot that's strange... I wonder why they've decided to implement that - when I had my DD (my 1st) they did it almost as soon as I went into the room - she was born at 39+6... I think (cant remember) that I had the sweep a few days before that. It literally takes 2 minutes.

My midwife couldn't perform the sweep yesterday as my cervix is apparently made from adamantium and is impenetrable lol so I've sent dh out for spicy food. Got to get this lil bugger out of me!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now