Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Diarrhoea in early pregnancy

(8 Posts)
MadrigalElectromotive Mon 28-Sep-15 18:46:27

Sorry for the tmi nature of this post. I have had diarrhoea all afternoon, and feeling a bit sorry for myself.

Is this normal in early pregnancy? I have no other symptoms at all. confused

I am 4W1D according to LMP, although I ovulate early in the month so could be a bit further on than that going by conception date.

mummyneedinganswers Mon 28-Sep-15 18:53:06

Yes I had diarrhoea for first 8 weeks some woman get constipated others have the runs. I'm 31 weeks and still have diarrhea every so often x

May09Bump Mon 28-Sep-15 18:58:24

Yep I had this along with being bloated - I was eating healthier too which my body was adjusting too. Just keep an eye on your temperature in case its a bug, also drink plenty of fluids and rest if you can.

If worried phone your GP, ours have a duty Dr who will call you and see if you need an appointment.

All this is a bit of a shock to me as I had no symptoms with DS1 until heartburn just before labor.

Feel better soon!

ShowOfHands Mon 28-Sep-15 19:01:31

It's normal. The hormones affect your bowels and as said above, some people experience constipation, some diarrhoea.

It could also be a virus or food poisoning but if you're otherwise well, it's a pretty common occurrence in early pregnancy.

MadrigalElectromotive Mon 28-Sep-15 19:21:26

Thanks for the reassurance. I had heard about constipation in pregnancy but not diarrhoea.

Now must stop worrying!

VikingLady Mon 28-Sep-15 19:24:49

Yup, normal. Morning sickness for me was mainly at the bottom end with my first DC. My mum said she had the same!

wigglybeezer Mon 28-Sep-15 19:28:02

I had this and, if you are anything like me, it will be the first symptom of labour too!

tattyteddy Mon 28-Sep-15 20:50:39

I've had this throughout pregnancy. I think it's because the pregnany vitamins I have taken and the iron tablets I've been prescribed. I did speak to the gp about it and had a blood test- nothing sinister was found.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now