Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Can I eat cheesecake?

(10 Posts)
zippyswife Sun 27-Sep-15 17:47:33

Probably been done a million times of more on here! Been feeling rotten with headaches/sickness and dh did a (rare) nice thing by popping out to get me some nice things which turned out to be chocolate and cheesecake. Now in previous pregmancies I'm sure I stayed away from cheesecake but I was so over cautious about food. So can I eat it? It's a tescos finest Madagascan vanilla cheesecake!

NoArmaniNoPunani Sun 27-Sep-15 17:48:49

I've never seen anything that says you can't eat cheesecake, crack on smile

RockerMummy184 Sun 27-Sep-15 17:51:56

No you can't, you cant even sniff it. But I am more than happy to look after it for you if you've got any kicking about!
Similarly prawn cocktails, creme brulee, or anything containing raspberry!
grin

Junosmum Sun 27-Sep-15 18:00:20

it a definite no, far too nice for a pregnant lady to eat!

Seriously though, it's fine. Eat away.

nips to shop for cheesecake

Skiptonlass Sun 27-Sep-15 18:03:30

Absolutely fine smile

zippyswife Sun 27-Sep-15 18:21:48

Phew!!!! I'll be having that after my
Sausages and mash. There's two big slices and unfortunately dh doesn't like Cheesecake so they both have my name on!

Nicky333 Sun 27-Sep-15 19:04:33

Oooh, I thought you couldn't eat cheesecake unless it was baked! I've been staying away from it. No more! smile

Junosmum Sun 27-Sep-15 19:06:01

My local shop didn't have cheesecake... sad so I bought the ingredients to make it grin

bluewisteria Sun 27-Sep-15 19:44:34

There must be something in the water, I've just returned home with two packs of Gu cheesecakes grin

Ficidy Sun 27-Sep-15 19:47:22

It's absolutely fine. It's made with cream cheese - some people think that means you can't have it, but that's not true. Cream cheese is perfectly fine and safe. It's just soft, unpasteurised cheese like Brie that we're meant to avoid. There is so much unnecessary hysteria surrounding food avoidance during pregnancy - it really gets on my nerves.

Have the cheesecake and enjoy every single bite!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now