Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Maternity allowance

(7 Posts)
tractorgirl123 Tue 22-Sep-15 22:01:23

Has anyone claimed maternity allowance instead of maternity pay because of working part time and not earning enough or not having been employed for long enough to qualify? Do you have to do it through the job centre or can you just find everything you need to apply for it online?
Anyone know of any good places with information that actually gives a simple explanation of what you can and can't do while claiming it?

sheepflower Tue 22-Sep-15 22:47:41

I'm claiming as I'm self employed. Got the forms online and posted them off with my MAT B1 form. You can do a maximum of 10 'keeping in touch days' of work while you are claiming.

Cheshirehello79 Tue 22-Sep-15 22:49:39

www.gov.uk/maternity-allowance/overview

Katieemilyxo Tue 22-Sep-15 22:51:34

You can get the forums at ur local job center I did and was accepted two weeks later

WiIdfire Tue 22-Sep-15 22:56:12

I did - got the forms from the internet and sent them off. No problems. Straight forward.

tractorgirl123 Thu 24-Sep-15 07:44:33

Does anyone know if you have 2 jobs whether you can only do keeping in touch days for one of them or is it 10 days split between the employments?

ammature Thu 24-Sep-15 11:04:51

Oh I would like to know this too- re keeping in touch days. I'm a lecturer with 2 jobs one I accepted whilst pregnant so I don't get any mat pay from them and the second I've been in for 4 years so I do. Is there any way I can get mat allowance for the second job where I get nothing? Or is this not possible and what happens with keeping in touch days? Do you get paid for them? And loose your mat benefit? Can you share them?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now