Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Constantly crying at 27 weeks

(5 Posts)
Frillsandspillsx2 Tue 22-Sep-15 20:05:55

Feeling really sorry for myself at the minute so thought I would post here.

ExP and I have been getting on brilliantly as he's finally came to terms with being a father. It took him a while to sort himself out after the initial shock of it (it was unplanned but after being in a relationship for over two years I didn't expect him to be so negative). Due to him working in another city, and the stress of everything which caused some arguments we are not in a relationship or have any plans to be as we would like to work on being parents first, and whatever happens happens after that. It's complicated really, but he's been off work for a while and I've spent a lot of time with him whilst we discuss baby things etc. he goes back to work on Sunday, staying in a new flat etc and I'm completely heartbroken but I'm blaming my hormones as I've known for a while he was moving back. He has taken time off for the birth which will be around Christmas. He will only be an approx. 2 hour drive away so I feel I'm being totally unreasonable for getting upset.

Another reason I've been crying is because I have a little bichon frise and my mum offered to cut his hair as he has a few knots in his hair. She has got really happy and cut all the hair on his face and every time I look at him I cry because he looks so silly.

I'm currently lying in bed feeling very sorry for myself and feel very alone.
I don't even have any cake left.

Anyone else feeling really hormonal? sad

bunny85 Tue 22-Sep-15 20:48:57

Oh frills, you poor thing. Have a hug.

Must be hard for you to go through pregnancy on your own, but nice to hear he is getting used to the idea of being a father and might be even looking forward. Sounds like you guys can still even get back together in future, who knows.

Feeling sorry for myself is my little guilty pleasure. I don't fight it, I cry, sob, listen to some sad music and eventually it gets better.

As for your little doggy, why not laugh instead at how silly he looks? I've never had a dog but surely hair will grow back?

Chin up hope you'll fell better tomorrow! flowers

CarShare Tue 22-Sep-15 20:59:02

Sounds like you're coping really well with a tough situation with your ex partner.
I find it helps me to make a few plans with friends/family when I'm feeling sad and hormonal.
I'd also say to give yourself a break. Pregnancy is difficult at the best of times and it's totally expected that you'll have a wobble every now and then. Enlist the support of those you trust and tell them how you're feeling.
Have a lovely hot drink, warm bath and put something funny on the telly and be proud of how well you're managing flowers

CarShare Tue 22-Sep-15 21:02:52

Reread your post title and noticed it says constantly crying. If you're struggling with feeling sad regularly have a chat with the midwife/GP. It might be that they can offer support that will help you through a really difficult time. Make sure you hit the shops tomorrow and stock up on cake! cake

Frillsandspillsx2 Tue 22-Sep-15 22:14:59

Thank you so much for your kind replies!

I think I will learn to laugh at his haircut soon, he just looks ridiculous at the minute, wonky ears etc and I feel so sorry for him, I really don't know why!

I may mention it to my midwife next week, although I think it's just a mixture of a bit of stress, hormones and a terrible sleeping pattern.
I've had an awful cold/chest infection this week so haven't left the house in a good few days as I've had no energy. I may go and do some more baby shopping to cheer me up, and pick up lots of cake on the wag home.
My mum kindly booked a private 3D/4D scan for Tuesday which is exciting, perhaps she feels guilty for cocking up my dogs face?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now