Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Period advice?

(7 Posts)
NotSoYummyMummy23 Sun 20-Sep-15 22:14:55

I had my Mirena coil removed on the 20th August, with my period arriving on the 22nd. Before the coup I had normal 28 day cycles. I was due AF on Friday and nothing.
I have been having all of the symptoms. Cramping, mood swings, tearful and tender boobs but still it hasn't arrived! And I've had this for going on almost 2 weeks. It's really starting to stress me out as I get married on Saturday and just know it'll be my luck that AF will arrive that morning.
Someone please help? Is it true the doctors can give you a pill to stop a period? We have been using condoms since coul removal so definitely not pregnant.
Arrggh!!! sadangrywine

NotSoYummyMummy23 Sun 20-Sep-15 22:16:13

Bloody hell, coil, coil, COIL! Stupid phone..

OctoberCupcake Sun 20-Sep-15 22:22:15

You can definitely get medication to stop you coming on (Utovlan is one of them) but for maximum impact you should take it from 2-3 days before you are due. Worth a shot though I guess in the circumstances?

I could be wrong, but you might be able to get it from a pharmacist without seeing your GP; I've actually got it online from Boots before.

docmcstuffins1 Mon 21-Sep-15 07:24:04

Do a test as condoms are not reliable, and I got pregnant 3 weeks (yes 3 weeks!) after having mine removed and never had a period. If you are not pregnant go to your GP, they can give you norethisterone to postpone your period.

docmcstuffins1 Mon 21-Sep-15 07:25:03

And you just need to start it 2-3 days before your wedding (if you haven't come on already)

NotSoYummyMummy23 Mon 21-Sep-15 07:52:18

Thank you for your advice. After all that, I think AF has paid a visit! There was blood on the tissue this morning (sorry TMI!!!) so hopefully it kicks in properly now!

NotSoYummyMummy23 Mon 21-Sep-15 09:22:38

False alarm. Nothing has come of it. I give up sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now