Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is this a positive pregnancy test?

(14 Posts)
ljjeffro Sat 19-Sep-15 14:27:37

I did this pregnancy test this morning and although there are clearly 2 lines I'm not 100% sure that its a positive test as the second line is not as dark. The only reason I'm questioning it is because I know that using the ovulation sticks (from the same company as this pregnancy test) if the second line is more faint then it means its negative. I'm currently on a girls holiday in Marbella and so far I've not really drunk a lot but by the looks of it I'm going to have to come up with an excuse to stop drinking all together! Do you think its positive?

Fraggled Sat 19-Sep-15 14:29:57

Yes! That's definitely positive grin

LaceyLee Sat 19-Sep-15 14:30:12

Yes it's positive. It works differently to opks. Congratulations and start thinking of excuses smile

Boredofthinkingofnewnames Sat 19-Sep-15 14:30:52

Definitely positive, the colour of the liens doesn't matter. It actually likes quite dark to me. Congratulations!

WhoTheFIsJeff Sat 19-Sep-15 14:53:38

Definitely positive! It's not faint at all!

Whoknewitcouldbeso Sat 19-Sep-15 15:02:00

Congratulations xxx

ljjeffro Sat 19-Sep-15 18:09:04

Thanks Ladies, but i have now just done an ovulation test which has come back positive. Should that happen if I'm pregnant? I have also done another pregnancy test which is still coming back positive but the second line is a lot more faint than before! Im very confused ?? i think ill have to wait till i get home to do a clear blue digital

confusedandemployed Sat 19-Sep-15 18:15:29

1. Ovulation tests will often show positive if you're pregnant.
2. If you did your second pregnancy test with wee late in the day it will be more dilute and therefore return a less strong test.

I'd bet my pension you're pregnant, congrats flowers

mayaknew Sat 19-Sep-15 18:17:26

Definitely absolutely positively a line !! Congratulations OP !!!! flowers

gamerchick Sat 19-Sep-15 18:18:57

A line is a line... The depth of the colour really isn't important.

Sighing Sat 19-Sep-15 21:43:22

flowers congratulations.

strawberrypenguin Sat 19-Sep-15 21:45:31

Yep that's positive

PermetsTu Sat 19-Sep-15 21:45:46

You're pregnant. You don't need to do a clearblue digital. That is a clearly positive test. It doesn't matter how dark the line is. That's a pretty clear positive actually.

The ov test being positive in pregnancy is normal too.

You are pregnant. No doubt about it.

WhoTheFIsJeff Sat 19-Sep-15 22:11:37

Pregnancy tests are different from ovulation tests, it doesn't matter if the line is faint. A line is a line, you are pregnant!

The line can get fainter if your urine is more dilute. That's why the best time to test is first thing in the morning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now