Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone pregnant with DC3 with big age gap?

(3 Posts)
CandyCrush77 Mon 14-Sep-15 17:48:21

DH and I are thinking about TTC. We have 2 DCs each from previous marriages. His are 12 and 9 and mine are 7 and 5. We really want to have a baby together but we (mostly me) are not sure we can face going through pregnancy and having a newborn again. Now mine are 7 and 5 I feel like I am finally seeing the light. I love having older children and glad to put the baby days behind us. Did anyone else feel like this and, if so, what made you take the plunge and get pregnant again? Did you feel like you had regressed back in time and how did you deal with all the changes? My DS2 was not planned and it took me a few weeks to get my head around being pregnant again and then having a young baby although now of course he is the best thing ever. I know that ultimately we won't regret it but just not sure I can face all the changes again. I am 39 and DH is 45 so we don't have a lot of time to think about it.

spandau1980 Mon 14-Sep-15 20:10:33

I have a 12 /9 year age gap between so s and dd
It was very hard but she's 2.5 now and everyone's apple of their eye

X

ffffffedup Mon 14-Sep-15 21:12:52

My older 2 are 8 and 5 ds3 is 7mth I've found it so much more easier this time round I'm more confident as a mum and it's nice to have that 1 -1 time when the older ones are at school. Ds3 had to slot on with the routine we already had. It's nice because the older 2 aren't so demanding any more and will help out with baby getting nappies pushing the pram playing with him whilst I cook a meal etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now