Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Braxton Hicks at 22 weeks?

(3 Posts)
hannahbanananana Mon 14-Sep-15 12:16:12

Yesterday morning woke up with pains quite low down (I'm 22+2). Not sure how to describe them really, just like period pains, tightening, cramping, pulling pains I suppose. They got slightly worse throughout the day and were happening every 10 minutes towards the end of the day. They weren't excruciating, but they were uncomfortable and were worrying me slightly. Also started to radiate through my lower back. Managed to fall asleep and woke up this morning with awful back ache and rib pain. The abdominal pains are still coming and going, but definitely aren't getting any worse and don't seem to be as often. I rang the 24hr triage number that my midwife said to phone if there were any problems, and the midwife on the other end just said if I've not had any bleeding then not to worry and that pain is normal. Spoke to my midwife later on who said just to keep an eye on things. Am I worrying over nothing? Could this be braxton hicks, or are these too regular? I did think maybe I have a UTI, but neither midwife mentioned this. I also had really bad sickness last week. I've had it pretty rough from day 1, the nausea never went, but I had stopped vomiting every day, until last week when I was throwing up 4-5 times a day. Could this be related? Not sure what to do. Feel a bit stupid hassling them if it's nothing, but can't help worrying. Would appreciate any advice xx

Dixiechick17 Mon 14-Sep-15 22:21:52

I'd speak to your midwife again and ask her to test a urine sample and just check you over. Don't feel stupid, you have every right to request to see them if you have any concerns.

CarrotPuff Tue 15-Sep-15 08:19:54

BHs are not painful, and not regular. They are just random tightenings.

I would call them again and ask to be seen. Hope all is ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now