Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sweep at 38 weeks - success?

(3 Posts)
Fuzzyduck21 Mon 07-Sep-15 23:35:57

I had a sweep this morning as I'm being induced next tues (at 39 weeks) due to slowed growth. Anyone had one around this time and it be successful? Have had a fair amount of bleeding since but think it is tailing off now. Is it normal to bleed? Was like a light period for a few hours. No plug that I could see. Have had braxton hicks every 10 mins or so since as well.

Hope it works as don't want to be induced but thinking it's unlikely as I'm only 38 weeks.. Xx

RockerMummy184 Mon 07-Sep-15 23:53:12

My friend had a sweep at 38 weeks at around 3.30pm, she had her baby at 5.30 the next morning.
On the flip side I had 5 sweeps with DS (between 40 and 42 weeks) and nothing happened at all. Not even a twinge.
As seems to be the case with all pregnancy related things, I think it massively depends on whether your body is ready or not.

Dixiechick17 Tue 08-Sep-15 07:20:31

I had one at 37 weeks, had light period type bleeding for a few days, cramps for about an hour or so and then nothing, went into labour naturally at 40+5. Hope it works for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now