Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

One to one midwives

(4 Posts)
Cheshirehello79 Sun 06-Sep-15 08:59:40

Hi all Has anyone ever heard of one to one midwives .org . Saw them. At a stand yesterday and apparently they are mobile widwives commissioned by nhs but visit you at home and are there with you along the way even when. It's time to pop they come over and check you and as I said offer support all the way.

I've got brilliant midwife so far but I'm considering one one them as its my first baby and though got family support its nice to know you'll have a professional person when time is ready ? I'm not having home birth buy the way.

Any comments appreciated .

Yarpyarp Sun 06-Sep-15 10:07:46

I've had 2 babies with one to one and know a few other people who have used them too. Can't rate them highly enough. All appts done at home, a far more personal service where you can really chat and discuss any questions or concerns. I had 2 home births but they will support you for hospital births too - ie attend, but they can't be the actual midwife in hospital. They attend all your scans with you and then afterwards you get 6 weeks home visits and access to their MAMA for support with feeding etc if you want it. They're brilliant, it's an amazing free service. Why don't you give them a ring and have a chat, see what you think before you decide what you want to do.

Cheshirehello79 Sun 06-Sep-15 14:18:35

Brill - many thanks - will call them and see what they've got to offer

Yarpyarp Sun 06-Sep-15 15:17:39

Also some great testimonials on their website from all sorts of different people/circumstances/births - will give you a really good idea of what to expect from them. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now