Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

snuzpod...do I patiently wait to assemble it?

(20 Posts)
BuggerLumpsAnnoyed Wed 02-Sep-15 17:04:13

I'm due mid November...my snuzpod has just arrived....do I patiently leave it in the box or do put it together already opened box

And the prize for most boring thread goes to....

sizethree Wed 02-Sep-15 17:16:29

We got ours delivered a few weeks ago. But to my in laws, so I didn't give into temptation.
I'm due early November and although I'm impatient, there's something I find unsettling about an empty crib. So I'm going to hold out as long as I can.
Have you bought some sheets for it, cellular blanket etc?
I'll busy myself with laundering them before construction.
I think I just made this thread even duller!

Junosmum Wed 02-Sep-15 17:34:52

Personally I'd open it and assemble it to let it air. They can smell 'new' and weird if you don't.

Matilda30 Wed 02-Sep-15 17:51:12

I'd also want to double check that all bits are there and working. We're currently waiting for a replacement piece for our cotbed from mothercare, luckily we don't need it until he's in his own room. Our snuzpod arrived today too, I'm getting DP to build it tonight as baby is arriving by ELCS in 12 days!

BuggerLumpsAnnoyed Wed 02-Sep-15 18:15:23

Yes! That's it I'm letting it air! Wonderful. Then I'll just sit and creepily stare at it!

BuggerLumpsAnnoyed Wed 02-Sep-15 18:16:54

Oooo and good luck Matilda!

Sandsnake Wed 02-Sep-15 19:11:13

We have a mid-November due date and a Snuzpod too! Got it in its box, put it in spare room and agreed we'd put it up a couple of weeks before. Went for a short walk later that afternoon and when I came home DH had put it up! It was impractical but quite sweet really smile. Although it's now quite useful as we've put some of the baby's things in there as storage (a couple of toys, bedding etc.) and the crib itself is very small.

BuggerLumpsAnnoyed Wed 02-Sep-15 19:43:26

Oh my God I love it! My practical side is using the excuse that now I won't have to have the box hanging around for months and at least I can keep all the bedding on the shelf. I'm gonna keep the wrapping on the mattress in case bastard cat takes a shine to it.

RockerMummy184 Wed 02-Sep-15 19:44:40

Oh my goodness! I had never even heard of one so I've Googled it and they are GORGEOUS!
<wonders if I can persuade DH to invest in 2 to accommodate the twins!>

BuggerLumpsAnnoyed Wed 02-Sep-15 19:48:03

I think as your uterus is accommodating twins, his wallet can accommodate a couple snuzpods!

Everythings just so lovely.

changingagain Wed 02-Sep-15 19:52:56

We put ours together straight away to check it was all there. Didn't attach it to the bed until we came home from hospital though as I'd never of been able to get out of bed around it while pregnant.

NoArmaniNoPunani Wed 02-Sep-15 19:55:48

I'm dying to get mine assembled and I'm not due until Christmas time. Mid November is fine.

Junosmum Thu 03-Sep-15 11:09:19

Buggerlumpsabnoyed- my cat really likes shiny thick plastic, both to sleep on and pee on! I think it's the noise and the smoothness.

BuggerLumpsAnnoyed Thu 03-Sep-15 16:27:24

Haha thanks junosmum luckily bastard cat is more of a fleece man. And when he shits and pisses indoors (rarely- thankfully) it's in the bath (don't know wether I'm impressed or annoyed when this happens)

ChicaMomma Thu 03-Sep-15 16:38:49

oh dear god, i dont envy you, it was a bitch to put together. OH did ours and it took him a good while.
On the plus side we loved it once it was done and our son stayed in it until he was 7 mths!

Going back to the original point of the thread though- i would assemble it personally, but i'm not in the least bit superstitious! I got married on Friday 13th for eg!

NoArmaniNoPunani Thu 03-Sep-15 18:43:01

I got home from work to find DH has put ours together

PenguinPoser Fri 04-Sep-15 20:24:07

Definitely check the parts - I ended up with an early induction and our snuzpod had 2 of the same leg bits rather than opposite ones - they replaced it no problem but the part was the wrong colour - thankfully third time lucky but almost didn't have it in time! not that dd would entertain it for the first 12 weeks anyway but hey

shiteforbrains Fri 04-Sep-15 20:28:52

Build it immediately then stare at it for months. I did. ;)

Did you buy the bedding bundle? It is the softest thing in the world.

I put a teddy in mine for a laugh. When my MW saw it she told me off because teddy's feet weren't at the bottom. ;)

shiteforbrains Fri 04-Sep-15 20:30:41

Chica I agree the canvass is a bitch to get over the poles.

MissTwister Fri 04-Sep-15 21:17:59

Build it - my baby came at 36 weeks and was glad we had!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now