Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Help! 19 weeks pregnant and wedding in a week!

(9 Posts)
Natalieday1 Wed 12-Aug-15 15:31:38

Hi guys
This may be in the wrong section..
I'm 19, nearly 20 weeks pregnant with my 4th baby, so have a fair bump growing..I'm a size 14/16 probably closer to the 16 and have a wedding In a weeks time! Can't find a thing to wear, have a next account so looking to get a dress from there, but don't know what kind to get that would be flattering..the maternity dresses aren't really appropriate for a wedding and the one I found that I do like isn't in stock for 3/4 weeks confused can anyone give me any ideas?? not too fussed about colour..

musogirl295 Wed 12-Aug-15 15:47:06

I wore one of these in a different colour for a wedding at 26 weeks.

www.tiffanyrose.com/maternity/clothing/CBDWB/Colour-Block-Maternity-Dress-Wild-Blueberry.html

A really flattering style and you can tie it according to where your bump sits. A little pricey but they've got some lovely dresses and the delivery is very quick. They also sell quite well on Ebay afterwards!

Maxbenji Wed 12-Aug-15 16:16:04

I got a nice dress from Seraphine, that I've now worn dressed up for two weddings this summer, but it's ok to wear for work after too, so I can keep wearing it!
They have quite a lot of dresses on the website. I got this one:
www.seraphine.com/sea-breeze-mock-wrap-maternity-dress.html

jdear Wed 12-Aug-15 16:42:58

I second seraphine! Flattering but comfy dresses!

Clairejessica123 Wed 12-Aug-15 20:58:35

I got a maxi dress from jojomamanbebe which I wore to a wedding at 19 weeks and will be wearing it again on Friday at almost 28 weeks so plenty of room to grow in them

notascooby007 Wed 12-Aug-15 21:36:41

If you see something you like in the normal next range I'd try it in the next size up depending on the shape or style. How about a loose fitting maxi dress? I wouldn't spend a fortune on something maternity you'll never wear again.

Natalieday1 Thu 13-Aug-15 06:57:44

Thank u guys that's what I did I have ordered 4 dresses from next in a bigger size so hopefully one of them r fine..oh the stress gringrin

RoganJosh Thu 13-Aug-15 07:02:51

Have you any accessories already? If you are quite matching with shoes etc then you can get away with a less formal dress.
At the last wedding I went to there was a pregnant lady in black wide legged trousèrs and a bright pink top. Becasue she had other bright pink bits on it looked perfectly smart. Would something like that be easier, in whatever colours you like?

Natalieday1 Thu 13-Aug-15 07:13:52

Yeah that's what I have done, the ones I have ordered r pretty casual will just jazz them up a bit with accessories..didn't want to spend too much either as I'll never wear the dress again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now