Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Swelling at 40+1

(4 Posts)
Skeppers Mon 10-Aug-15 22:43:34

My due date was Sunday; needless to say it's been and gone!

I've had a completely trouble-free pregnancy, the only issue being my high BMI at booking. My blood pressure was slightly elevated at my MW appointment last week, but she said that alone was nothing to be concerned about but just to keep an eye on things. Urine sample was all clean, no headaches, etc.

However, today I've developed slight swelling in my hands and feet. Still no headache or visual disturbances, baby is still squirming around like a mad thing, but this is the first real adverse symptom I have had throughout the duration so I'm a bit worried...although not massively (unless someone tells me I should be!)

I'm seeing the MW tomorrow at 2pm, do you think I should call 111 before then or just wait?

Skeppers Tue 11-Aug-15 07:06:09

I'm guessing it's nothing to get het up about then!?

Littlemissjt Tue 11-Aug-15 12:32:04

I would ring and ask for advice. It could be nothing but could be something. Hopefully nothing, try not to worry too much.

sianihedgehog Tue 11-Aug-15 12:50:04

Has it been hot where you are? I've been basically fine, but swell a little in the heat, midwife said not to worry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now