Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Double buggy - which one for a 2.5yr old and newborn?

(10 Posts)
Queazy Sat 08-Aug-15 21:26:41

We have a secondhand, very old but usable Phil and Ted we can use. We'd need to buy the seat for underneath. I'm just not sure about it tho. It doesn't look very comfortable.

I've got a bugaboo so thinking of getting a buggy board for short journeys. My daughter will still be napping tho and will still be little. What brands and models would you all suggest? I've been lost on google for hours now and no clearer smile

purplemurple1 Sat 08-Aug-15 21:30:03

We've got a mountain buggy, its side by side bit narrow so fits through doors which is handy if one is mid nap when you get home.

Queazy Sat 08-Aug-15 21:33:35

Can I ask a stupid question?! How does a newborn sleep in a mountain buggy? Does it recline and have an insert? thanks again. smile

FusionChefGeoff Sat 08-Aug-15 21:41:25

Would you consider a sling for the baby? I did this and just used my normal buggy for the toddler (same age gap as you). Now baby is older, toddler is too smile so he is happy to walk on go on his scooter or bike. I love carrying my youngest in a sling plus has been amazing for keeping up with the toddler and being still able to play etc.

Queazy Sat 08-Aug-15 21:48:11

I've got an ergo, a babasling and a baby bjorn and my dd refused them all hmm She had awful reflux but I bought them to help it. It's definitely worth a try tho as I know others it's worked well for too. Thanks for your advice smile

seastargirl Sat 08-Aug-15 21:54:33

I got a baby jogger city select. It can be used as a single or double and can have a car seat and pushchair seat on it. It's got a basket nearly the size of a shopping trolley so you can fit everything in it. My little boy was 16 months when my daughter arrived so we used it as a double quite a bit, but now just use it as a single. I love it and am getting quite emotional that I'm not really gong to need it for much longer!

catellington Sat 08-Aug-15 21:59:17

I have baby jogger city select with second seat which i got secondhand for £300. There is a good resell market so indent expect to lose much if I sell it on in good condition so I took the gamble before dd2 was born that we would use it.
I'm very glad we got it as I would have been pretty isolated without. It depends on your toddler really. Mine is a bolter, wants to walkm everywhere but either dawdles so we are late for things or runs off into the sunset. When I have the baby that's a total nightmare because I have to park buggy and run after toddler.
I don't drive so it's important to be able to get around sometimes quite long distances and on train etc, but I know some people only use buggies fir short distances so maybe less of an issue.
I also use the sling for dd2 but sometimes I need them both in the buggy, or want them both in there strapped in safely so I can amble for a bit with hands free, as toddler jumps on me when I'm breastfeeding.

purplemurple1 Sat 08-Aug-15 22:00:28

There a carry cot attachment for the newborn so they can sleep laid flat and facing you.

trilbydoll Sat 08-Aug-15 22:06:18

The P&T is no good for a toddler to nap, assuming it's the same as ours - newborn goes on the main seat fully reclined in the cocoon and toddler sits on top like a throne! Good if the toddler is going to be in and out though.

We've also got a baby jogger side by side which dd1 can nap in, it's pretty good, not too wide and the basket is a decent size although not that easy to actually access. The seats don't sit up properly though, dd1 is always perched because otherwise she would be slumped. I need to get one of those strap things off eBay.

Needaninsight Sat 08-Aug-15 22:10:13

i-candy peach blossom here. Although my eldest was a lot younger than yours with a newborn, she's 3 at the end of this year and my younger toddler is now 15months. Still both fit in it brilliantly and love riding in either seat now.

When baby was newborn, I just carried him in a sling. (or for shorter walks, put in maxi cosi and put on i candy)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now