Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

vomiting (not morning sickness) after takeaway

(14 Posts)
trian Sat 08-Aug-15 11:24:29

arghhh
had takeaway last night, put the left over indian veg rolls in the fridge, had them for breakfast (I've always liked weird things for breakfast) at about 9m, vomited them up (sorry, TMI) at about 11am

feel totally fine, baby movements seem fine, i'm not moaning I just want to know if I should seek medical attention or anything? I've had a look online but cannot bring myself to wade through YET MORE research as high risk pregnancy has already involved so much! Am I right to think that my body was just rejecting whatever crap had grown on those rolls, and now it's out of my system it should all be fine?
what next???!!!

AnotherTimeMaybe Sat 08-Aug-15 11:29:34

I was told by a doctor that we vomit if something is really off and we have diarrhoea if something is bad but not as much.. So your spring roll must have been really off.
Is it just vegetable or did it have prawns?
Yes I'd say you're right, your body is rejecting it so it's actually better you threw it up as it didn't even go to intestines

AnotherTimeMaybe Sat 08-Aug-15 11:30:37

And yes I would go to the doctor busy to double check that everything is fine especially if it was a non veggie spring roll
Good luck flowers

Mrsjayy Sat 08-Aug-15 11:36:11

Ring nhs direct and stop eating left overs till baby comes.

trian Sat 08-Aug-15 11:41:16

it was totally veggie (so no seafood etc), well, I ordered veggie and it tasted veggie.
i'd love to get the ok from a decent doctor/midwife but you're not really made to feel like you can take up their time unless it's serious....and I the palaver of getting there is too much :-(

seaoflove Sat 08-Aug-15 11:45:04

Disagree with Another. If the food was "really off" you would have tasted it. They were veggie AND refrigerated so in all likelihood there was nothing wrong with them. Considering you threw them up and now feel fine (no nausea, no stomach cramps, no shivers or temperature) it doesn't sound like food poisoning. I think they disagreed with you at breakfast time, that's all!

AnotherTimeMaybe Sat 08-Aug-15 11:46:22

Is it too far to go? Is that a&e or maternity ward? They won't make you feel like a time waster, you threw up FGS
Could you call out of hours to see if they can someone in?
Otherwise as previous MNer said you can call 111
If you do throw up again though you must go in to get seen
Good luck!

AnotherTimeMaybe Sat 08-Aug-15 11:50:16

seaoflove FWIW I had a fresh cream dessert last week and was throwing up for an hour later, it was vile, but I couldn't taste it at all!
Not sure you can taste the fact that it's off all the time, sometimes yes, but certainly not all the time

leadcrow Sat 08-Aug-15 11:58:10

People often assume bad meat is the main cause of food poisoning, but in the case of takeaways it's more likely to be veg or rice dishes that have been reheated at the point of sale and then eaten as leftovers (through the most common culprit is the rice)

There's every chance that these veg rolls are the cause of food poisoning. If you've vomited up all of the food and are now feeling better it's probably just that. I'd say put it down to experience and don't eat leftover takeaway again, apart from pizza....left over pizza is always cooked fresh at the point of sale and if you refrigerate, then reheat the leftovers thoroughly in the oven you'll be fine with pizza.

dementedpixie Sat 08-Aug-15 11:59:20

For a one off vomit no I wouldn't seek medical attention. If you continue being sick and can't keep anything down then I would do.

messystressy Sat 08-Aug-15 11:59:28

I had stomach bug when pregnant with much vomiting. Rang NHS, they were not bothered by the pregnancy and vomiting - think start being concerned when really ill and salmonella etc. But no harm checking, if it eases your mind.

trian Sat 08-Aug-15 12:18:46

thanks very much for all the feedback xxxxx
I think it's most likely that they were reheated before they were sent to me........how I long for the day when I have a kitchen and time to improve my cooking skills so I don't end up relying on takeaway!
But defo no eating takeaway left overs again whilst pregnant/breastfeeding.
I've read the symptoms of salmonella, e coli, campo whats-it-called and some others and it doesn't sound like any of them

MissSMartin Sat 08-Aug-15 12:58:27

I Can eat my tea then throw up most nights at the moment. . I don't think mine if food poisoning though?
just your body not agreeing with you.. you would have tasted it wasn't right if it was off.. nonetheless just call 111 and they will recommend what you should do

BasinHaircut Sat 08-Aug-15 13:13:57

You will know if you have actual food poisoning, you don't need to check symptoms to look out for!

even if you do, they will only really be worried about dehydration in regards to your pregnancy. So as long as you are keeping fluids down you are fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now