Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What counts as antenatal class?

(4 Posts)
toohardtothinkofaname Tue 04-Aug-15 17:01:33

I'm keen to try pregnancy yoga & swimming as I've started getting back pain and want to stay active as much as I can. Work have said they're unsure if this counts as antenatal care and have to check with a director. MW did say look into classes as they're beneficial but not sure if this counts as a recommendation.

Does anyone have any info I can pass on to help? It's the first time they've been asked to check into this sort of thing.

EdithWeston Tue 04-Aug-15 17:09:11

Generally beneficial, then IME no.

If you have a specific need that can only be met (or best be met) by attendance at this specific class then yes you should get time off (just as you would for a physio appointment).

But absent a specific need, you need to find classes outside your working hours.

toohardtothinkofaname Tue 04-Aug-15 17:30:33

That's the issue, I work until 8pm and all classes tend to start then! Will see if a shift slide would be more acceptable to save losing 2 hours per week.

mrstothemr Tue 04-Aug-15 18:16:21

I'd check your work policies - I've had friends who've attended classes in work time and it's been fine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now