Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

First signs of labour

(4 Posts)
SomewhereovertheRainbow02 Tue 04-Aug-15 11:28:48

I'm due in 5 weeks with my 2nd baby.
DD1 was induced at 38 weeks so I'm starting to worry now about how i will know if im going into labour?
What were your first signs and what did you do? TIA

sarah00001 Tue 04-Aug-15 12:24:41

Hi, for me I experienced the same sensation that I had with braxton hicks contractions but they were a lot more painful. I would describe it as my whole abdomen would seize up for a few seconds which really hurt, then the pain would go away. The pains were at regular intervals and became more frequent and stronger. This was my first child and I worried I wouldn't recognise labour pains, but I just knew. As to what I did, I called the maternity assessment line at my local hospital and spoke to a midwife. I was advised to time the contractions and to go to hospital when they were 5 mins apart. Best wishes, Sarah

SomewhereovertheRainbow02 Tue 04-Aug-15 12:26:22

Thanks Sarah.
I know i will probably know when its time i suppose its just the fear of the unknown!

worriedmum100 Tue 04-Aug-15 18:42:16

I'm sitting here at 33.2 weeks and have been having really quite strong tightenings all afternoon coupled with what I can only describe as a "burrowing" feeling I'm my pelvic area. Bit scared this might be something....eek. Not supposed to stop work for two more weeks . With DS 1 contractions came on pretty obviously on my due date so not sure what to make of this afternoons goings on!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now